Gen 2 Borla atak vs awe 2fg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmac13

Reaction score
looking for exhaust on my 2018 gen 2 raptor. Deciding between Borla atak and awe 2fg. The awe 2fg sounds great but if I’m spending that kind of money on an exhaust, I want a lot out of it. I’m willing to spend the extra 800 on the atak if it’s worth the money. I’m afraid the 2fg won’t give me the loudness of sound or pops I want on the downshifts. Would love to hear opinions on both exhausts.

socaljayhawk

Reaction score
I have the awe 2fg. Personally, it makes my truck sounds like an annoying modded Subaru/Civic..I hate it and will be going back to stock as soon as I find a stock set at a good price.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the awe 2fg. Personally, it makes my truck sounds like an annoying modded Subaru/Civic..I hate it and will be going back to stock as soon as I find a stock set at a good price.
I want to put a H-pipe into my current exhaust setup to see what it would sound like. I think H-pipe should make it a bit deeper but not sure. I would put it right after my downpipes.

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My non atak borla sounded like ass with their Hpipe. Raspy, boomy and ricer.
Added their resonator and it's now perfect: cold start, idle, cruise and WOT.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Borla had an X-pipe. I think and x-pipe is known to make an exhaust raspy. I had the Atak and didn't like it so I did the resonator as well. It was better. But have since dropped the whole borla for the Mountune exhaust. I like it alot better!!!

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Borla had an X-pipe. I think and x-pipe is known to make an exhaust raspy. I had the Atak and didn't like it so I did the resonator as well. It was better. But have since dropped the whole borla for the Mountune exhaust. I like it alot better!!!

You’re right, I meant to type X pipe.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right, I meant to type X pipe.
From. What i have known and read is that an H-pipe should deepen the sound and a X-pipe will make it more raspy. Maybe the H-pipe before a decent muffler is the way to go. The trombone has an H-pipe in it after the loop. Maybe that would be what I need.

MurciToRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a oem exhaust removed from my 2019 let it go for cheap if you are local to Frisco TX

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the S-TYPE? if so that’s what I have, sounds raspy as crap on WOT. Do you have the link to the resonator?