Gen 2 Borla atak vs awe 2fg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the S-TYPE? if so that’s what I have, sounds raspy as crap on WOT. Do you have the link to the resonator?
Yeah, mine is an s-type.
Awful until i added resonator.
Was very quiet at first but deepened with use, no booming and no rasp.
I've got 30k on mine and love it.

Last edited:

Jeremy K

Reaction score
I have the Atak, and love it. Was a bit loud for neighbors at early am cold starts. To me sounds wicked when you're on the throttle, I don't hear droan when driving, but I have terrible tinnitus and just may be not able to hear it. Now I had nothing to compare it against, I got a great deal on it and on my truck it went. Didn't go with the end over axle pipes I stayed stock for those. Another $1300 was just too much, at least for myself.

OP
OP
J

jmac13

Reaction score
I have the Atak, and love it. Was a bit loud for neighbors at early am cold starts. To me sounds wicked when you're on the throttle, I don't hear droan when driving, but I have terrible tinnitus and just may be not able to hear it. Now I had nothing to compare it against, I got a great deal on it and on my truck it went. Didn't go with the end over axle pipes I stayed stock for those. Another $1300 was just too much, at least for myself.
That’s awesome. What website would you recommend looking on? Or maybe try and find someone who bought it and doesn’t like it selling for cheap? I definitely want to pull the trigger on one now just figuring out the next step.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome. What website would you recommend looking on? Or maybe try and find someone who bought it and doesn’t like it selling for cheap? I definitely want to pull the trigger on one now just figuring out the next step.
Lots of vendors here on FRF that can get that for ya. I would use one of them.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

vondong

Reaction score
My 2019 came with the Borla s-type and X pipe combo. Cold start sounded awesome but was loud. Regular driving was fine but it sounded (to me) awful when getting on it, very raspy. I added the resonator and have been happy with it. Personally I’d like to hear the Atak wirh resonator combo to compare.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score