AWE 2FG Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed if the sound of the 2FG quiets over time? I just got mine installed and have roughly 30 miles on it.

No, it doesn’t according to my db meter. We may get used to the additional volume, but it’s not quieting down.

Do you get the whopee cushion/drone noise mentioned above?

huh? you must be talking about Jennifer/gen1.

You can disable the fake engine noise in Forscan.

I did this before the exhaust, and what I noticed was the fake engine noise masks a lot of very subtle noises in the cabin. Stuff you only notice with stock exhaust, radio off, blower motor off. There’s a slight tonal change, but not much. It’s not easy to capture on a camera or phone so it’s really something you need to try yourself or hear. See the Forscan tweak your truck thread for more info.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I know what you’re referring to, as the last poster indicated it happens from about 42-44mph in 10th gear which is something like a 75 rpm range, and it’s gone as soon as you leave that range. I noted it too in previous 2fG discussions. That noise is simply the engine lugging at way, way too low an rpm that you don’t hear with the stock exhaust on; you shouldn’t do this to the truck regardless of what exhaust is on it.

This is one condition that was corrected by the revised shifting strategy for the early 2017-2018 trucks. Although I think most of the ‘complaints’ for the programming were harsh shifting, what I had was a truck that did not want to downshift unless you floored it. Rolling into the throttle and then flooring it would get you more and more boost, but the transmission would stay in whatever gear it was in and before I had the 2FG, again unless it was floored, the truck would try and boost it’s way to a higher speed from 42mph in 10th gear.

Sport mode holds gears and doesn’t upshift as readily, so no overdrive at 42mph.

So in this respect the 2FG is better than stock by keeping you from being in too high of a gear ;-)

It’s not that bad even so.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know what you’re referring to, as the last poster indicated it happens from about 42-44mph in 10th gear which is something like a 75 rpm range, and it’s gone as soon as you leave that range. I noted it too in previous 2fG discussions. That noise is simply the engine lugging at way, way too low an rpm that you don’t hear with the stock exhaust on; you shouldn’t do this to the truck regardless of what exhaust is on it.

This is one condition that was corrected by the revised shifting strategy for the early 2017-2018 trucks. Although I think most of the ‘complaints’ for the programming were harsh shifting, what I had was a truck that did not want to downshift unless you floored it. Rolling into the throttle and then flooring it would get you more and more boost, but the transmission would stay in whatever gear it was in and before I had the 2FG, again unless it was floored, the truck would try and boost it’s way to a higher speed from 42mph in 10th gear.

Sport mode holds gears and doesn’t upshift as readily, so no overdrive at 42mph.

So in this respect the 2FG is better than stock by keeping you from being in too high of a gear ;-)

It’s not that bad even so.

Got it, so with my goosetune tune, i am in 6th or 7th at 40-44mph, thinking I might avoid the bad noise spots mostly. Just tren now on what to do...2fg or Corsa Sport or Flowmaster Fx or Magaflow DFit...