Possible to fix this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmdjr21

Reaction score
Long story short I’m finding everything the previous owner of truck did was half a**ed. I’m been dealing with my exhaust rattling and leaks and finally crawled under since it’s been nice and found that the AWE 2FG exhaust he had on it was Frankensteined together with incorrect sized pipes and nothing fit into hangers. I bought a new exhaust that reuses the tailpipes and when I took the driver side out I noticed half of this pipe was welded. Now the question is can this weld be broken apart to salvage the pipe I need? I was just going to order a new one from Ford but it’s about $450 so figured id see if anyone had some thoughts on this. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_0994.jpeg
    IMG_0994.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 37

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a solid bead. I would just order a replacement or see if a exhaust shop can make you one up. Just dont half ass it trying to correct a half ass.

Speedy3

Reaction score
Before I spent $450 for a new one of take it past a muffler shop to see if they can either break the weld or cut it a little farther up and put a coupling/extension piece, that would match the original length.

OP
OP
gmdjr21

gmdjr21

Reaction score
Before I spent $450 for a new one of take it past a muffler shop to see if they can either break the weld or cut it a little farther up and put a coupling/extension piece, that would match the original length.
Didn’t think about that. I’ll give that a try first. Got a good little shop in town that would likely do it.