Avalanche Gray or Antimatter Blue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndrewUSMC

Reaction score
I have a chance to order a Raptor R, and I can’t decide between going light or dark. I have a 2013 SVT in Terrain (hands down the best color for the truck, imo) and am disappointed they didn’t bring it back when they brought back a V8. What are everyone’s thoughts on AG and AMB? The Gen 3s look awesome in both colors, but I’ve never seen AMB in person. What should I do?

Yeti360

Reaction score
I love my AMB but it's hard to keep clean - I think if I could get a R it would be Carbonized Grey since that color only comes the R. The other bold choice is the Azure Grey, it looks fantastic in person and I heard it hides dirt well. The Avalanche is probably the most ordered color so would be my last choice . No matter what there are no bad choices.

Attachments

• IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Carbonized grey.amb is never clean, can't touch it up after some jealous bastard slams his door into it without it looking like a black blob. But it's beautiful in the sun for the rare 5 minutes it stayed clean. Code orange looks great on the r too20230402_084013.jpg

Last edited:

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have AMB. Love the color. High maintanence level is right there with Black though. Avalanche is an awesome color as well, but man is it already over played with the Gen 3. Everyone freakin has one. At the end of the day, there's no wrong color. They all look great. Just depends on how much time you want to invest and your off-road usage IMO

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I bought another GEN3, AMB would be my first choice. First time I saw it in person I kicked myself for not choosing it. Doesn’t matter how hard it is to keep clean, since those days it gets a wash you’ll fall in love with it all over again every time.

Get it wrapped in PPF and it’ll shine for a decade, easy.