Anyone know any info about an IWE hose TSB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I googled this part and nothing comes up.

Try an A at the end

FL3Z3A788A this is the old part #, I was able to find the B new part of fordpartsgiant for $6.89. Both part number are there when I looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im hesitant to fix it myself now as the grinding has got worse....

I was just curious if anyone else heard this line of them being on national backorder for months.... a vac line.... for the most produced truck in the world....

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So last night I pulled the check valve out and it vented a bunch or either boost or vacuum from the booster side, I couldn't tell which, when I took it apart. I blew and sucked on the white side and got nothing, flipped it and blew and sucked on the black side and it freed up, went back to the white side and tried again and it now operated correctly.

I was excited, thinking I fixed it, but still grinding like a ************ this morning on my way to work.

Maybe they IWE system is now working but the IWE is ******? Now just to convince the dealer....

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The turbo has nothing to do with iwe. I hope that was sarcasm

The IWE system appears to be vacuum based, in previous experience, vacuum leaks can **** with other things like wastegates and bypass valves.

I am having 2 problems right now, and Im just making sure they aren't related. Ever since I went in for headlights, oil pan, and IWE issue, I have had boost issues.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but this is how the IWE (Integrated Wheel End ) system works. When the truck is OFF, the truck defaults to 4-wheel drive. In that the IWE system is engaged. When you start your truck, the IWE system generates vacuum and IWE will disengage.

So if you have issues generating vacuum due to various reasons, the IWE will have issues trying to disengage or partially disengage as you drive away. The loud noise you hear are the gears banging up against each other. Eventually, the gears in IWE diaphragm will destroy itself.

So the fix is trying to diagnose why your truck is having issues generating vacuum. I could be various things like a partially pinched line or whatever.

My wife has a 2018 Lariat and she has been complaining about loud noises from the front end. I could never reproduce it. And then one night it happened.

My usual start up procedure is to let the car idle for 1 minute before driving. So I was driving her truck and stopped to run into a store really quick and came back out and started the truck. I immediately put it in drive and drove away and I heard the noise.

So my wife's truck apparently needs time to build vacuum. Once the right amount of vacuum is achieved, the IWE disconnects with no issues. I could never reproduce the issue because I always allowed the car to warm up for 1 min. Without knowing, I was allowing her truck to achieve proper vacuum by giving it time. Of course I still have to find out why it takes her truck longer to produce vacuum when compared to other trucks.

Check out this video:

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The IWE system appears to be vacuum based, in previous experience, vacuum leaks can **** with other things like wastegates and bypass valves.

I am having 2 problems right now, and Im just making sure they aren't related. Ever since I went in for headlights, oil pan, and IWE issue, I have had boost issues.
Iwe is vacuum based but is not connected to turbo!