Anyone know any info about an IWE hose TSB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my front is grinding, and the dealer told me they must replace an IWE hose first to see if that fixes it, and the hose is on national backorder until January. Well, now the grinding is getting worse. What hose are they ******* talking about on this ******* ************* truck?

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s a rubber hose that is near your brake lines, it attaches to the hub. It’s really easy to figure out!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
contact this company and see if they make one for the gen2 trucks yet. Here's their gen 1 product >> https://forged-offroad.com/product/...we-replacement-forged-offroad/?v=7516fd43adaa

and this is a gen1 discussion but I am sure it is the same issue on your truck >> https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/weak-vacuum-line-and-grinding-noise-fix.24281/

That’s just crazy talk. I’ve been hearing for 2.5 years how the Gen 1 had so few problems, there was no need for a factory or extended warranty.

:hmmm2:

ok, in all seriousness. there’s a national back order on... vacuum hose? I can get it at auto zone less than 2 miles from me; or, the mechanic could cut a piece himself from the shop supplies, free of freakin’ charge.

sometimes, things get lost between the mechanic, service advisor, service manager and the customer. this is an example of a total lack of thought put into the response to the customer.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah this seems fishy for me. Sounds like the hose that contains the check valve, and usually it is just the check valve at fault. You can buy it from Amazon, or if you are desperate, I'll sell you my spare!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you hery any more info from you dealer? Replacing the vacuum solenoid is a really good idea. However, if you hear grinding the IWE will need to be replaced to. It's blown as well at this point.

@Yukon Joe

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FL3Z3A788B

I believe that is the new part # for the check valve. Located by your brake fluid reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s just crazy talk. I’ve been hearing for 2.5 years how the Gen 1 had so few problems, there was no need for a factory or extended warranty.

:hmmm2:

ok, in all seriousness. there’s a national back order on... vacuum hose? I can get it at auto zone less than 2 miles from me; or, the mechanic could cut a piece himself from the shop supplies, free of freakin’ charge.

sometimes, things get lost between the mechanic, service advisor, service manager and the customer. this is an example of a total lack of thought put into the response to the customer.

This is exactly what I told the dealer when I told them not to bother schedule me for it, that I wont be back, and Ill just fix it myself.

I wonder if this leaky vac line is connected to my lack of full boost?