Anyone know any info about an IWE hose TSB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, it is most definitely ****** at this point.
When you shift into “4A” does the grinding go away? It should if your hubs aren’t f****d. I had this start and the dealership put some form of tester on the vacuum line and said it was holding pressure. The tech test drove it and said he could not duplicate the issue. The next day I got the “ice in a blender” noise and a bang while on the freeway. Shifted into 4A and the problem stopped (as it should because without pressure the IWE hubs will engage). Took the vehicle back to the dealership and told them not to try the ‘could not duplicate’ crap again and this time they actually replaced the solenoid and what do you know- the problem was gone. This isn’t even close to being a new issue in the F150. I’m sure there isn’t a dealership in the country that hasn’t had this issue come through their service department. I would make sure they inspect the gears in your hubs for damage before you take it back. As others have said, the backordered hose is bull crap.

Good luck in any case!

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you shift into “4A” does the grinding go away? It should if your hubs aren’t f****d. I had this start and the dealership put some form of tester on the vacuum line and said it was holding pressure. The tech test drove it and said he could not duplicate the issue. The next day I got the “ice in a blender” noise and a bang while on the freeway. Shifted into 4A and the problem stopped (as it should because without pressure the IWE hubs will engage). Took the vehicle back to the dealership and told them not to try the ‘could not duplicate’ crap again and this time they actually replaced the solenoid and what do you know- the problem was gone. This isn’t even close to being a new issue in the F150. I’m sure there isn’t a dealership in the country that hasn’t had this issue come through their service department. I would make sure they inspect the gears in your hubs for damage before you take it back. As others have said, the backordered hose is bull crap.

Good luck in any case!

Believe it or not, my parts department never had a customer order the check valve prior to me (got a spare, haven't needed it). And they sell a bunch of trucks, probably at least 12 new Raptors a year

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Good luck in any case!

it changes when I put it in 4a, but it doesn't go away.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I finally went with RCV Eliminators after IWE issue after IWE issue! IWE's failed in September 2017 when I needed them the most! Trying to pull my trailer on to the dunes I was getting CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK with 4WD popping in and out on the dunes. I had to get pulled to the camping spot because I couldn't make it on my own. The rest of the weekend was semi-OK. I used 2WD most of the time and only used 4WD when needed with a light throttle to avoid the CLUNK!

I replaced the IWE's and went with the Forged Offroad vacuum hose kit and everything was great until June of 2018. Out for some really fast spirited driving with friends the vacuum solenoid failed and caused some serious damage this time around. Because I wear a radio headset I didn't hear the IWE's CLUNKING in and out for a bit and when I finally did there was damaged to my diff. We plugged the vacuum lines to disengage the IWE and it was OK.

So I finally got rid of the entire IWE system, vacuum lines and all. Turns out a C-clip came loose in the diff so I had some grinding in 4WD. We pulled the diff thinking it was damaged but I was lucky it wasn't damaged. We replaced bearings/shims/seals in the diff since I have 96k on the Raptor and now everything is finally working 100%.

As for the eliminators... no issues with them in 3k. Gas mileage is the same.... bad just like its always been :)

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I change offices 1st of the year, so I will be able to go to a new dealer, so I guess Ill grind away for the next 2 weeks till I can get to a new dealer. Maybe they will actually be able to fix it....

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor is in the shop for 5 days now waiting for a new IWE assembly, after grinding intermittently for 2 days. The shop is waiting for Ford to ship the new IWE parts. Starting to lose confidence after back to back issues on a less 1 year old truck...

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got of the phone with my Service Advisor. Brought my 2018 in yesterday with blender ice over the weekend. New IWE assembly and bearings on order. We were 300 miles from home when it started and it did damage to the bearings. I would take it to the dealer and insist on a loaner until the parts arrive.