I Have an Unusual Issue (Big Shock, I know!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
geez, multiple outbursts from OP. He’s dicking around, lubing stuff, oh my. Lol

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something I learned tonight was that if you never dropped your spare, don't wait until it's dark and raining to try to figure this one out. It was enough of a pain in my garage! I keep a silicone cover on my fob, works well except for being a bitch to get off and on. But what if you need to drop your spare tire? Now you need the key that is inside your fob! I never thought about the fact that I got a spare key for this when I bought the truck. I had forgotten all about the flat metal spare key that came with the manuals. I had it in the house in my safe where it would do me a lot of good when I needed it! :banghead: I never really thought about it. Now I put it in my truck in the bottom of my gun safe. I lubed up the cable really good with Bel-Ray waterproof bearing grease. It seemed to work well, and I know it holds up good. I put 60 lbs in the tire while it was down.

Thanks again. Between what you guys told me, and I also found a YouTube video I was at least able to figure pretty close what the angle needed to be to get it in. :favorites13:

View attachment 396766
Kinda a sissy color, no? lol

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found this thread. I’m relatively new to the Raptor world, 2 months.
I thought I was just a dummy for thinking that tube thingy was some kinda difficult to find, so just kept my mouth shut. WTF, the tube on a Superduty comes all the way out to the bumper, can’t miss it. I’m just glad to know it’s not just me. That getting up and down off the ground takes on a whole new meaning in your 6th decade of life, some of you know what I’m talking about and the rest of you will eventually. I used to run 10k’s, because it was fun. Nowadays I have to meter out my movements so I’m not worn out by noon.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just found this thread. I’m relatively new to the Raptor world, 2 months.
I thought I was just a dummy for thinking that tube thingy was some kinda difficult to find, so just kept my mouth shut. WTF, the tube on a Superduty comes all the way out to the bumper, can’t miss it. I’m just glad to know it’s not just me. That getting up and down off the ground takes on a whole new meaning in your 6th decade of life, some of you know what I’m talking about and the rest of you will eventually. I used to run 10k’s, because it was fun. Nowadays I have to meter out my movements so I’m not worn out by noon.
That's why it threw me, I was expecting it to come right to the bumper like my Silverado. I'm just glad I wasn't trying to figure it out at 3am in the rain!