I Have an Unusual Issue (Big Shock, I know!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added the silicone cover on the key fob and do that to all my vehicles. I had to lower the spare the first month I had the coach. I bought a set of take off wheels and they came with the spare rim too. I keep that flat key for the spare in the drop-down sunglass holder. I also carry the star socket to remove the bead lock ring in case I need service at a tire store. The thing that is more of a pain then the spare lock is having to use the stupid little white funnel to add anything to the fuel tank.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I added the silicone cover on the key fob and do that to all my vehicles. I had to lower the spare the first month I had the coach. I bought a set of take off wheels and they came with the spare rim too. I keep that flat key for the spare in the drop-down sunglass holder. I also carry the star socket to remove the bead lock ring in case I need service at a tire store. The thing that is more of a pain then the spare lock is having to use the stupid little white funnel to add anything to the fuel tank.
Yes, that is definitely not the easiest to use accessory!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I feel your pain. METAPHORICALLY speaking of course.
I had to “repurpose” my chase rack / tire slots for luggage last year on vacation, so relocated a spare back to the stock position.

I remember repeating to myself “How the F*** did this fit before?” about a dozen times before it all came together and I realized how simple it was.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you still need the plastic cone, PM me your address. I'll send you mine.

View attachment 396836
Thanks for that, but I'm missing the funnel shaped tube that mounts to the cable assembly that holds the spare tire up. The dealer ordered it for me yesterday. It's the piece that guides the rod the last foot or so to mate it to the bolt that lowers the wheel. I think it's called a guide tube.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score