Am i the only one that likes the original BFG's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So where do you live?

Montana, and the wind blows 25-35 plus most of the time where I'm at.

Snow , Ice, sleet, deep, thin ...pretty much everything.

BFG AT are a good tire, I for one don't like the looks of the redesign. I think the sharp sidewall transition on the outer edge of the tire really helps in the snow , reducing sideslip. It digs in, looks like the redesign has a rounded edge and the silly outer tiny tread on the sidewall...

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BFG AT are a good tire, I for one don't like the looks of the redesign.

I agree. I've mounted a set of 37" BFG ATs on stock beadlocks with mid-perch last year and they did as well as can be expected in the crazy Winter we just had. And the 37/12.50/17 BFG is Winter rated (mountain/snowflake symbol) which I haven't seen on other sizes of BFG ATs.

muor.jpg

I have a set of new Toyo M/Ts on ProComp wheels sitting in my garage that I just may sell 'cuz I like the BFGs so much....great all-round tire.

Last edited:

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know why a lot of people dog on BFG A/T's. No one tire is going to be perfect for everyone but I still think they are one of the best all around tires that there is.

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even know what your talking about.
Your very confusing in most of your posts. Must be an email translation thing.

He posted this in a thread about running a particular set of tires. What other 'set' would he be talking about? His set of 4 BFG A/T tires must've sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Om BFG might have been a bad set. One would not hold air. On the interstate the wife had it sideways threw a bridge, surcomstantale becose that chould happen with any tire it just happend all to often with the om s. In grass they, just spun hard to get any traction, on gravel and they chunked, and on pavement they coused bad wheele hop. If BFG offers so send me a set of tires to try I'll give them another go. If I hear good reviews on there new design from frf I'll consider trying them I do like the looks and they look like they will work.