Am i the only one that likes the original BFG's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Baja yesterday after 4 days of prerunning on stock BFG's. I had 5 flats, 3 tires completely ruined, got the rest patched and found a worn out used one to get through the trip! Good thing I was carrying 3 spares! I don't think I will be going back to the stock tires!

Impossible! They have Baja Champion written right on the side! :)

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I've done over 2k miles in Baja on stock tires and only had 1 flat. A lifter push rod went through my tire. Most random thing I've ever seen in a tire.

I think the stock tires are a great multi tasker. There is no ultimate tire. All of them have their pluses and drawbacks. But for the money and the weight the stockers aren't bad.

Fyermanbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done over 2k miles in Baja on stock tires and only had 1 flat. A lifter push rod went through my tire. Most random thing I've ever seen in a tire.

I think the stock tires are a great multi tasker. There is no ultimate tire. All of them have their pluses and drawbacks. But for the money and the weight the stockers aren't bad.

I agree Trey there is no ultimate tire (sponsored ones come close) and the BFG's are the lightest. After over 10,000 miles in Baja I don't think there is a perfect tire. This trip was very hard on tires even the 4 seat buggy with us had 3 flats. We did the old Baja 2000 course from Santo Tomas to BOLA, very rocky and rough. The problem with the stock BFS's is they are too soft for rocky terrain and chunk off very easily the tires I have left are chunked out so badly they have no tread left and the belts are showing.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Climet spasific the stockers suck in South Dakota whether

I live in snow country, my rigs all run BFG AT, they in no way suck in snow and ice.

The BFG mud terrains spied do well also, especially in dep snow, but the ATs are great as well.

And yes I've run many different types in 30 years living in snow country.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I live in snow country, my rigs all run BFG AT, they in no way suck in snow and ice.

The BFG mud terrains spied do well also, especially in dep snow, but the ATs are great as well.

And yes I've run many different types in 30 years living in snow country.

So where do you live?

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with the stock tires. Good balance in performance, ride, and noise. They do chunk pretty easily on rocky terrain in AZ however.

Wvraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ge4e2u3u.jpg

I did it the second time. I like them and I second the snow performance. They did great. We get a good amount of snow several times this past winter we has snow over 20 inches. I never needed anything more.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ge4e2u3u.jpg

I did it the second time. I like them and I second the snow performance. They did great. We get a good amount of snow several times this past winter we has snow over 20 inches. I never needed anything more.

Thos are the new ones! They do look like a good snow tire to me. The old stile just snow packed to easy, in South Dakota snow, it way different snow than warm snow or windless snow. We have 20 to over 30 mph wind it makes a difference.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the BFGs that come on our trucks a different compound than the BFG s we can get mail order or from a local dealer?

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

What is our stock 17 inch beadlock wheel rim width?

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thos are the new ones! They do look like a good snow tire to me. The old stile just snow packed to easy, in South Dakota snow, it way different snow than warm snow or windless snow. We have 20 to over 30 mph wind it makes a difference.

I really didn't have that issue in MN.