Under Equipped3rd gen or Am I missing something?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mizzac

Reaction score
Sorry, the gen 3. While down there in SD (I'm in ND) will likely detour by the other town with the 2nd gen. They both have been sitting for a while now.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my research the 2021s are sitting on the market for about 65k (ranging from 40-70k miles. Doesn't look like there's a big price difference between the 35s and 37s so I'd hold out for the 37 if you wanted one. I think the 21 you linked is not a bad deal and the 801A package includes a lot - there weren't a ton of options this time around (beadlocks, 37s, sunroof (which most say they don't want), CF, the generator, graphics, etc. A lot of nice to haves but not must-haves.

I wouldn't say that's a doorbuster but I don't think you're going to find that same truck for 5k less somewhere else.

Also: that's the dealer's advertised price. I'd go in closer to 60 and see what comes back.

OP
OP
M

Mizzac

Reaction score
No sunroof? Buy it.
From my research the 2021s are sitting on the market for about 65k (ranging from 40-70k miles. Doesn't look like there's a big price difference between the 35s and 37s so I'd hold out for the 37 if you wanted one. I think the 21 you linked is not a bad deal and the 801A package includes a lot - there weren't a ton of options this time around (beadlocks, 37s, sunroof (which most say they don't want), CF, the generator, graphics, etc. A lot of nice to haves but not must-haves.

I wouldn't say that's a doorbuster but I don't think you're going to find that same truck for 5k less somewhere else.

Also: that's the dealer's advertised price. I'd go in closer to 60 and see what comes back.

Is the sunroof really that bad still? I remember seeing lot sof comments on 2nd gens, but was surprised its still such a thing. My dads 15 lariet has never had that issues (knocks on wood).

Youre right about the pricing, this has been the lowest price vs mileaage in my area ive seen. I would "like" the generator, but really justs for the resale value, id prob never use it. CF don't care really, 37s can be added but this will still bbe a daily for now. Not a fan of the extra graphics.

OP
OP
M

Mizzac

Reaction score
My 03 Silverado SS is black and while i love it, i hate it lol at least the raptor will look good dirty. lol the hardet part has been convincing myself to get another black truck. That and not getting something older and saving ome scratch, but this will be saame payment as the AT4X.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the sunroof really that bad still? I remember seeing lot sof comments on 2nd gens, but was surprised its still such a thing. My dads 15 lariet has never had that issues (knocks on wood).

Youre right about the pricing, this has been the lowest price vs mileaage in my area ive seen. I would "like" the generator, but really justs for the resale value, id prob never use it. CF don't care really, 37s can be added but this will still bbe a daily for now. Not a fan of the extra graphics.
Dunno. It’s huge, which is a fundamental problem. Put the Krytox on every three months and you’ll be fine. If you really want one. If you don’t, resale is probably better without, payload increases, etc.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
plus it’s ALWAYS going to make noise. creaks, groans, rattles, buzzes and many more I can’t think of. I didn’t really want the moonroof.

But, in Luray, Virginia, you don’t buy Raptor, Raptor purchases you.

Jen Tres check the ride quality for the rattling, clunky suspension.
Jen Too cold soak start, check for phaser rattle, and usual used truck stuff.

OP
OP
M

Mizzac

Reaction score
Welllong time and forgot how to find this thread, ended up with a 19 802A with 35K on her. Been real happy with it so far, next to my nice weather toy

Attachments

• 20240404_171329.jpg
    20240404_171329.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 9