Vibration Under Acceleration in 4WD High or Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Payton P

Reaction score
2020 Gen 2, 47,000 miles, stock.

Hello all, I scoured the forum looking for the same issue and have not been able to find anything. I’m having a bad vibration that can be felt in the pedal as well as heard audibly when the front wheels are getting power at highway speeds. This only happens under power in four-wheel-drive. If I put the truck in rear wheel drive, there is no issue… switch it to four wheel high, and when power distribution shows front tires are being recruited there is a bad vibration. I just had the transfer case replaced under powertrain warranty hoping this would solve the issue and it did not. We also drained and re-filled the front diff, no metal was present and fluid was not burnt. Has anyone experienced this issue, or does anyone have any idea what it might be? I’m attaching an audio clip from this morning, but it is very difficult to hear the vibration over the exhaust.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome-ish to FRF. Pictures, or it’s a prius.

if it’s only a vibe present in 4a or 4h and the transfer case has already been replaced with a presumably good part, then it should logically be something in the front drivetrain; hub, IWE, CV or axle... ?

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Yeah, no pictures of claimed Raptor or intro in the new member check in thread, so wondering why the post? I had no idea Prius had 4-wheel drive; do they have their own forum?

OP
OP
Payton P

Payton P

Reaction score
I see now the video didn’t upload because it’s too big. Here is my body swapped Prius! Also, headed to new member thing now..

Attachments

• IMG_4579.jpeg
    IMG_4579.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4577.jpeg
    IMG_4577.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 3

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well the big question is..... is the truck always in 4wd after the wife drives it?

its gotta be a hub or axle. the axle is always spinning and the release of vacuum puts the truck in 4wd so that is the only new contact point. but i have been known to be wrong, so i will just blame somebody else if i am.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter