2020 or 2021?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guenette0976

Reaction score
Would appreciate some candid input.

I’m torn between a 2020 Leadfoot Screw vs sitting a year and ordering a 2021. The wait & see would hopefully net a V8 along with the redesign.

It’ll be a daily driver and one I plan to keep and stack miles on. Positives and negatives to both sides. Who needs more than 450hp in a truck? Who wouldn’t prefer a V8? What’s the risk of buying a first year redesign??

All input appreciated.

I'm driving a 2018 Raptor (was very pleased with my 2014 which I traded-in with less than 20,000 k). I'm a retired Canadian Foreign Service officer with bad knees that enjoys the legroom, hight and accommodating whisper of Raptor intimidation. Truthfully, other drivers leave me alone and my hand washed and polished toy continues to serve me brilliantly. I confess it's a pain to find (safe) parking but that usually only requires a little longer walk to my coffee shop. I use Nokian winter tires w/rims for the ever increasing ice & snow storms around Ottawa, Canada, get auto insurance max discounts and notwithstanding the couple recalls have been well serviced by Ford.

I still get lots of compliments when filling up (no I don't track miles/gallon) and many thumbs-up driving.

I'll be ordering a 2021 this summer because .... I want to.

Don't put a second mortgage on the house to buy one but, if you can afford it you'll be very pleased with the purchase. You're right the 450hp is more than enough to satisfy any latent (drag strip) fantasies. Also, if you're diligent w/auto maintenance you'll both enjoy a long life. I drove [then my son] an 84 Land Cruiser Diesel wagon for 500,000 kilometres over 27 years - just do the basics and never/never use a car wash.
John