2020 or 2021?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yugga007

Reaction score
Would appreciate some candid input.

I’m torn between a 2020 Leadfoot Screw vs sitting a year and ordering a 2021. The wait & see would hopefully net a V8 along with the redesign.

It’ll be a daily driver and one I plan to keep and stack miles on. Positives and negatives to both sides. Who needs more than 450hp in a truck? Who wouldn’t prefer a V8? What’s the risk of buying a first year redesign??

All input appreciated.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2019 is pretty refined. The 2020 will be even more so. The kinks have been worked out. No cam phaser issue, good Sync system, great power, etc. And it's so damn good looking. I'd rather have that than a brand new model that needs to go through its growing pains and refinements. I don't like buying new models in their first year of production.

nmp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree with Cigarpundit. dont be one of those "I have to have a V8" people who wait year after year for something that likely will not come. there is little motivation for Ford to do a V8, the current truck sells as fast as they can build them and they have lots of regulations to worry about.

I just got a 2020 becuase all the bugs are worked out and i dont want to deal with the new generation growing pains. if the 3rd gen is that much better ill wait a few years till its perfected and trade up. the exhaust note doesnt bother me, i dont drive it like a stole it so i dont really even hear it anyway. the truck is very refined and has a performance/sporty feel to it rather than a heavy/clunky truck feel. Ford really worked a lot of magic to get a big truck with heavy tires and off road suspension to do what this thing does so smoothly.

Schizofilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're going to hold on to it long term, why not save the hit up front and buy a 19 at a discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelo1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the others as I am in the same boat as you. However, i have to wait one year, but i will still most likely get a MY20 as I never buy first year production of any brand. I made that mistake when I bought my first LC 200 series. I later bought a 2015 LC and it was much better and zero issues. Now if that new redesign is that much better, I’ll just wait another year and get the MY22 as I have other options to play with in the meantime I would love to see either a V8 twin turbo or a more efficient, reliable twin turbo V6 plug-in(35+mi. range in electric up to 75mph) with an 8spd transmission.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine sounds pretty good with ford perf exhaust. The start up really sounds good

T

teeoster

I am involved with all the new vehicles being developed in Detroit. The product I see is 3 years out and there is not a new F150 line in the pipe in that time frame.