2021 Raptor 98 Miles Blown Turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update got truck back yesterday. This morning drove it 150 miles started hearing a whine. On the way back it got worse and suddenly it spewed out smoke and oil once again. At least this time we got almost 300 miles out of it. Total miles 540 miles. Waited over 6 months for it and blew up on the way home with 150 miles. Then it’s at the dealer getting the new turbo for 35 days, get it back have for 1 day and the same thing happens again. This is frustrating!
Sounds like your dealer has idiots for techs, who can't diagnos anything properly, this is becoming too common place these days (mechanics reference). Sorry this is happening to you. I would want it to go to a different dealer or at least make sure that tech that worked on it the first time, doesn't go near it again. SO dissapointing.

2022 Ruth

Reaction score
This is where ford isnt very good. They should just offer to buy the truck.

I had an ///M3 about 10 years ago. Just got it and it kept going into limp mode. They had it for a week trying to troubleshoot the software.

I called and very kindly and calmly said “i didnt buy this thing to let it sit in your shop”

They said “Stop on by and we can give you a new car as a replacement, today, or we can write you a check for the car on the spot.

That’s customer service.

For is like “**** if I know”.

Vics2021

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing that up. I will share my experience so far with Ford and maybe it will help someone out. I started out with getting a hold of the Ford representative and he was very helpful and understanding and said it should be a quick buy back process. A few days later he wanted to know how many other vehicles we owned. So I gave him my list with many Ford vehicles including a second 2021 37 raptor, mustang GT and a F series trucks and a Cayenne. I thought I was getting bonus points for letting him know that we have a lot of Ford vehicles on our farm and household. A week goes by and the rep is ignoring my calls and emails. I then received an email denying our claim. Again he ignores all calls and emails and just informs us the case is closed. Ford said we would have to file a claim with the better business bureau if you wanted to fight their decision. At this point we were done and I called a lemon law lawyer. She informed us that going to the better business bureau route is not something we legally have to do and she highly recommends us not to because we could end up with a mediator that sides with Ford and that could hurt us in court. Second, we learned that the lemon law in California does not cover vehicles bought under a company business name if the company has over 5 vehicles registered at the DMV. That’s why Ford was asking me about what and how many vehicles we have. My suggestion is not to buy a vehicle under a business name. To be fair our attorney did say that Ford is the easiest car company to deal with concerning the lemon law and that it can take up to a couple of months. The truck was here for two weeks because roadside assistance would pay to tow it down to Sacramento. Finally I had it sent to our local Ford dealer and the next day the Sacramento dealer called and paid for the truck to be towed there. I also want to be clear that both Ford dealerships have been very helpful and are doing their best to help us out. They also paid for us to get a rental and the funny part is, it is a Ram 1500 and it runs great. I will keep you all updated.