You never know when it's your time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
No disrespect but I hear a lot of words here...

Someone please post photos of what is the proper way to tow and what materials to use. I've only had to slightly pull people out of sand, not mud.

Soft shackles with a kinetic rope attached to a hard mount recovery point. The tow hooks attached to the frame. If using a *****, get the rope version vs cable.

A good rule of thumb, if things brake apart and start flying, will it hurt if it hits you.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
y
@John M BUNMAN

ou guys did it weong. @tabvette i posted earlier and nex posted thr proper ways to pull someone out. if winching, thats a different story. heavy ass steel cable with a giant hook. hide behind a door when winching and make sure everyone (spectators/passengers) is far away from the vehicles.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
@Bunman!! its your time to shine!! The floor is yours!
Such a sad tragedy, TOTALLY AVOIDABLE, what you don’t know, that you don’t know, can/will kill you.
I’ll drop my 2cents of knowledge that I’ve acquired over 30 years on the Trail, from people much smarter and far more knowledgeable than I. Sometimes I actually know when to zip it and listen, take notes and learn from hard knocks.

I apologize for the late arrival, MFing therapy every day, FNING Pain so I get an hour or two of sleep. I’m about done with this FNING Knee!!
Trying to avoid the pity party syndrome.
I shall return..:
FYI. I have learned a lot watching YouTube videos of Matt’s Off-Road Recovery, although he doesn’t often go into great detail of the equipment used and why, you can learn a lot from him, he does it for a living.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Such a sad tragedy, TOTALLY AVOIDABLE, what you don’t know, that you don’t know, can/will kill you.
I’ll drop my 2cents of knowledge that I’ve acquired over 30 years on the Trail, from people much smarter and far more knowledgeable than I. Sometimes I actually know when to zip it and listen, take notes and learn from hard knocks.

I apologize for the late arrival, MFing therapy every day, FNING Pain so I get an hour or two of sleep. I’m about done with this FNING Knee!!
Trying to avoid the pity party syndrome.
I shall return..:
FYI. I have learned a lot watching YouTube videos of Matt’s Off-Road Recovery, although he doesn’t often go into great detail of the equipment used and why, you can learn a lot from him, he does it for a living.
Agreed on MORR! He used to go into more detail in earlier episodes. He has been using a winch more (in videos, not sure in total) and he explains when he prefers what.

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn... I get nervous just using the winch on my atv that the hook might come flying back, maybe time to look into some alternatives

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score