You never know when it's your time.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd add one of these ... you could literally cut through a 12" tree trunk with one in a reasonable amount of time. But learn to use it right - it cuts on the pull stroke, so ease up as you push.

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Oldfart @John M BUNMAN @smurfslayer @Nex @The Car Stereo Company My new list now: J hooks, Viair , mrk11 maxtrax and aluminum (Aluminium as the brits say) shackle hitch receiver. (7075 is equal to 1018 mild steel, 6061 is weaker but doesn't corrode. If you can find the alloy on some of these amazonian things that is) Do we like the ARB or the Viair or the smittybilt compressors better ? Only was thinking about Viair bc some of the lowriders at cruise night run that brand, had not seen the arb or the smittybilt. Tawk amongst yaselves please. I have nitrogen and co2 if I'm in the buggy trailer but solo in the raptor I want to have a smaller compressor

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
@Oldfart @John M BUNMAN @smurfslayer @Nex @The Car Stereo Company My new list now: J hooks, Viair , mrk11 maxtrax and aluminum (Aluminium as the brits say) shackle hitch receiver. (7075 is equal to 1018 mild steel, 6061 is weaker but doesn't corrode. If you can find the alloy on some of these amazonian things that is) Do we like the ARB or the Viair or the smittybilt compressors better ? Only was thinking about Viair bc some of the lowriders at cruise night run that brand, had not seen the arb or the smittybilt. Tawk amongst yaselves please. I have nitrogen and co2 if I'm in the buggy trailer but solo in the raptor I want to have a smaller compressor

What's the brake rating on the shackle vs the Factor 55? I use CO2 for my tires.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have overkill for my air. the arb twin is expensive but compact. does roughly the same amount of air as the viair 400c dual pack, but the viair is half the price.. just requires more space. the arb twin works really well though. here is my compressor setup. i have 10 gallons of air also. if you look to the left of my spare, i have 4 viair compressors.IMG_20220819_103316.jpg

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
ARB most folks will say is the best, just like Warn Winches. The ViAir and Smitty Built both have great reputations. I have Two Smitty Builts in the Raptor and One in my wife’s Explorer.
Some folks on here have fantastic set ups with the Twin ARB mounted oh the BuiltRight Bed Panels, but they all have a lot of money, me, I have a lot of kids = No Money lol

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great I'm pumped to know what to get LOL, see wut I dun there ? I was pricing the panels and my visa card has been melting lately already, that bubba rope really got my wifes attention !

BSRKNU-big scotty

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fabbed up this jack and spare mount when I got the truck and wasn't happy with how much wasted space underneath it has, now I think I'll mount my spare battery, compressors and hopefully the maxtrax between it and the cab. Caught the 4 front bed mount bolts and at the time (Before FRF, like CE and BCE, or when I was a kid it was still BC and AD ) had no idea they were single use, I had no problems with them stripping and as a machinist I think it's that goofy nut, the bolt is fine. Have to get new ones one day. Put a plate on the jack for the sand and now realize I have NOWHERE near enough risers to change a tire if I had to

Attachments

• IMG_20230124_112939241_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230124_112939241_HDR.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20230124_113035967.jpg
    IMG_20230124_113035967.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230124_113016436.jpg
    IMG_20230124_113016436.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20230124_112954226_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230124_112954226_HDR.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 13

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd add one of these ... you could literally cut through a 12" tree trunk with one in a reasonable amount of time. But learn to use it right - it cuts on the pull stroke, so ease up as you push.

Agree, love mine- I went with the Katana boy - bigger timber around here. Some trips I don't bring a chainsaw and this thing is a nice, compact EDC. Bring a wedge or two too.