Would a Gen 3 V8 kill Gen 1 resale?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Lucas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see gen 1’s dropping in price much. If you look at gt500 prices 07-09 10-12 and 13-14 have stayed the same with the new one coming out. In some aspects prices should incline a little cause of the publicity with new vehicle release. If you can’t afford new price tag you buy one that you can.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t plan on ever getting rid of my gen 1, I may buy a new vehicle or even a gen 3 but I’ll always have a gen 1 In the garage

I often think the same thing, but then think, why would I want 2 of the same vehicle. Gotta mix it up. Wear the Gen 1 out, say you had your fun, move on :)

Reaction score
Even if the third gen does have a V8, you never know what Ford will mess up on the newer model haha. Also the 6.2 L has a pretty good track record reliability wise, the "newer" V8 will need a couple years in service for me to fork over the money and make the leap. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The relatively low production numbers of SVT Raptors is what will make the Gen 1 hold some value.
Since ford disbanded SVT, and made as many Gen 2 Raptor's as dealers could order, there are just less of the Gen 1 around. There is not as much competition when you are trying to sell them, so prices stay higher. Dealers used to get an allocation and would receive a couple Raptors a year to sell, now they just order as many as they want..

That being said, I don't think our trucks are being watched by any collector car people for an investment...Well at least none with miles and use.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trucks in general are less collectible. It's changed a little bit in recent years but you just don't see a 1969 f100 with all the options pulling the same prices as an equivalent era muscle car.

Of course there weren't special edition pickups back then either, they were just a tool.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I just learned from Roush that my 14-1846 VIN tag does not mean its the 1800th Roush Raptor built in 2014....
It was the 1800th Roush vehicle down the assembly line in 2014!
They did not separate Raptors from mustangs or anything else. So I'm thinking that my truck might be a little more unique than I thought.

rap8.jpg