Would a Gen 3 V8 kill Gen 1 resale?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not if you don't drive it in that shit. I'd say there's an average of about 20 days per winter where the roads are both wet and have salt on them. My Raptor is not used on those days.

I guess if thats your cup of tea. Raptor sees the snow....the cammed camaro sits under a car cover all winter :)

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess if thats your cup of tea. Raptor sees the snow....the cammed camaro sits under a car cover all winter :)

Bought mine to drive around. Probably pass it down to the kid, if it’s got some rust I guess I got my use out of it. Everything dies eventually, enjoy it while it lasts.

That being said, I live in a salt state and can’t leave because of a great job. If I could, I’d leave in a heartbeat for a place that doesn’t need salt because of our high taxes that apparently can’t fix the shit roads!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you lived in the north you would be laughed at if you owned a pickup truck and garaged it over the winter :Big Laugh:

The truck gets driven in the winter. We drove it yesterday. Jan 26th is about as "winter" as it gets. You don't have to permanently "garage" something to avoid driving it in the salt when it's wet.

A little common sense it all it takes. Say you ordered a cabinet for your bathroom. Do you run right out to pick it up the night it arrives in wet, ****** salty conditions, or wait 2 days until it's dry and clear?

Same goes for my true garage queen. As long as it's dry, a little salt on the roads is not a problem.

If it's all you have to drive- well, you have no option but to kill it. If you have the option not to though, why not? I'm not saving it or trying to keep it forever,. Since I have other less expensive and less unique vehicles I can drive in the brine, I'm trying to not unnecessarily destroy the body like every other truck I've owned in SW Ohio up until this one.

Last edited:

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got on the list when the 17s came out. I drove it for 48k miles. Towards the end of my ownership, I just felt that the engine was stressed out. Different noises appeared and didn't drive the same. I dumped it at carmax for 45k and purchased an M5. Fast forward to the present and a recent move to the upper peninsula of Michigan, I needed another truck. I bought a 13 roush raptor and I love it. It was an adjustment in the beginning but I will never sell it. The engine feels so much stronger.

I could have easily purchased a Gen 2 again. Maybe that tells you something.