Will you even consider a Cybertruck (Fun Poll)

Will you consider Cybertruck over Raptor

• YES

Votes: 39 18.1%
  • NO

Votes: 177 81.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure you can take most engineering marvel's and point out design or engineering flaws, but my point still stands that the work that was done on that truck is amazing. Innovation doesn't happen through perfection, and more often then not no one really remembers the absolute failures of certain aspects of todays technologies, but it all starts somewhere, and for the work that was put into that truck, there are surely some fantastic achievements that are going to be utilized moving forward.
I’m really failing to see what, if anything, is marvelous or incredible about it. It’s the modern day Delorean, and that didn’t go down as a beacon of innovation or accomplishment either.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m really failing to see what, if anything, is marvelous or incredible about it. It’s the modern day Delorean, and that didn’t go down as a beacon of innovation or accomplishment either.
I'm not saying the entire thing is an innovation, but items about it sure are. The fly by wire steering is seriously impressive and is the first production vehicle to have that if I read correctly, which can easily show that it can be a mass produced part in a car. The body panel builds and the process with which the stainless steel alloy is stamped and treated seems like an innovate process. Granted, I will say the videos that I have watched are of course being monitored and tailored for specific things, but watching someone shoot 9MM rounds and buckshot rounds into the side of a vehicle without it penetrating is really cool. Let's see if these things hold up during mass production.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying the entire thing is an innovation, but items about it sure are. The fly by wire steering is seriously impressive and is the first production vehicle to have that if I read correctly, which can easily show that it can be a mass produced part in a car. The body panel builds and the process with which the stainless steel alloy is stamped and treated seems like an innovate process. Granted, I will say the videos that I have watched are of course being monitored and tailored for specific things, but watching someone shoot 9MM rounds and buckshot rounds into the side of a vehicle without it penetrating is really cool. Let's see if these things hold up during mass production.
Meh...forming SS sheet metal is nothing new--just expensive and hard on your tooling. Fly by wire is nothing new or innovative at all. Many cars have both throttle and brake by wire. Virtually all commercial aircraft have been fly by wire for decades. No big deal at all to fit such a system to car steering. Four wheel steering is certainly nothing new. Meh. Like all Teslas, its a bag of cool party tricks.

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure you can take most engineering marvel's and point out design or engineering flaws, but my point still stands that the work that was done on that truck is amazing. Innovation doesn't happen through perfection, and more often then not no one really remembers the absolute failures of certain aspects of todays technologies, but it all starts somewhere, and for the work that was put into that truck, there are surely some fantastic achievements that are going to be utilized moving forward.
Nope.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please tell me why steering by wire is something we should want or be desired to have.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh...forming SS sheet metal is nothing new--just expensive and hard on your tooling. Fly by wire is nothing new or innovative at all. Many cars have both throttle and brake by wire. Virtually all commercial aircraft have been fly by wire for decades. No big deal at all to fit such a system to car steering. Four wheel steering is certainly nothing new. Meh. Like all Teslas, its a bag of cool party tricks.
I know that fly by wire tech has been around for years, but never in a production vehicle for steering, so that is something worth noting as innovative.

Please tell me why steering by wire is something we should want or be desired to have.
I never said it is something we should want or desire, but coming from someone who is a systems engineer by career, it is just exciting to me that something "new" is coming to the car industry. We don't have to like it, or even want it, I don't want it, but I still like seeing the engineering that goes into this stuff that has various different "new" achievements happen. It's just cool. I never said it was practical or desireable.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the cars that are street legal, it was first introduced in the Infiniti Q50, but Nissan switched back to its traditional steering wheel after criticism. Other notable car models that you can experience drive-by-wire with a steering yoke are the 2022 Toyota bZ4x and the 2023 Lexus RZ450e.