Why did my truck come with a tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nfalconer

Reaction score
I hadn't really paid attention when browsing the new owner pics on this forum, but I just noticed that most of the pics show the front passenger and driver windows without a tint. I bought and picked up mine in Texas a couple of weeks ago and the front windows have the same tint as the back windows. Why did my truck come this way?

PXL_20210927_143854793.jpg

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the dealer charge you for it? I would imagine it didn't get to them that way.

OP
OP
N

nfalconer

Reaction score
No I paid what they quoted without it. They never mentioned it. I assumed the new Raptors all came this way.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you got that cheap dealer tint. never use dealer tint. it's the bottom of the barrel tint(no UV protection) at a premium price.
I still don't tknow that they would throw the cheap shi t on for free, though.

Theory from being a salesman... Management gets paid bonus money for selling aftermarket or even dealer installed accessories, they added accessories in the form of window tint and deducted it from the profit of your truck. No one above the sales manager will ever look into it and sales manager and salesman get bonus money and dealership is still happy with the profit they made on the truck.

OP
OP
N

nfalconer

Reaction score
I dug up the photo that the salesman sent me when it arrived. You can see that it didn't have a tint. He said he was just going to have it detailed before I picked it up. Maybe they accidentally tinted it. I can't imagine them doing it as a favor without at least confirming I wanted it.

IMG_2100_20210920_115629 (1).jpg

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
A lot of dealers just add tint to all cars when they arrive (depending upon state laws) and then change $399 (or whatever). It's a money maker for them--nothing more or less. Yours came in and got it. They didn't charge you so who cares (plus their cost is about $30).

NeoLeo

Reaction score
Cool deal!

Most trucks, SUV’s, vans, etc. have rear windows factory tinted dark (in glass, not film)… please forgive I don’t recall the exact percentages; and the front side windows very slightly tinted.

Are your front windows tinted via a film, or are the glass tinted (there should be tint percentage labeled with the glass brand marking in the corners…). If you got the latter, that’s fantastic!