Why did my truck come with a tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of dealers just add tint to all cars when they arrive (depending upon state laws) and then change $399 (or whatever). It's a money maker for them--nothing more or less. Yours came in and got it. They didn't charge you so who cares (plus their cost is about $30).
This is accurate for the most part. The Ford dealer nearest to me actually advertises "free window tint". They put it on every vehicle (without actually charging for it), but then they try to get you on other dealer adds. It's also a VERY inexpensive way for them to try to differentiate themselves from all the other dealers in the area.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hadn't really paid attention when browsing the new owner pics on this forum, but I just noticed that most of the pics show the front passenger and driver windows without a tint. I bought and picked up mine in Texas a couple of weeks ago and the front windows have the same tint as the back windows. Why did my truck come this way?

View attachment 324102
Which dealer ? Mine was suppose to have aftermarket tinted windows and it didn’t…pretty funny if they got the order wrong …lol