Who Is Using the Harddrive? Anyone? Bueller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Between Sirius and my iPod I haven't had any reason to save anything to the built-in harddrive. (Wish I could save NAV files - offroad trip info - there). I think I've listened to 2 CD's in 8+ months.

Is anyone using their harddrive? How? What are you putting on it?

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now are you talking about up loading for songs for the Juke box?

I've got about 4 CD up loaded so far. I generally don't buy CD's having XM in the Tahoe but I pick some up for road trips using the Harley. Anyhow, I figured since I had them on hand, I would check out the juke box. It's actually really simple and takes about 20mins to upload one CD....about 4-5 songs.

HarleyGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I took delivery I had about 12 CDs in the old truck that I burnt to the hard drive. I rarely use it since I have an external hard drive in the glove box ran to USB 2. It would be better if you could record radio/sirius to the jukebox. But if you have any external hard drive hooked up it's kind of a waster of effort to burn cd's to it.

Does anyone burn images to it so pictures can be displayed on the screen?

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's nothing on mine. I keep all my tunes and playlists on a 32G USB stick.

AuPanda

Reaction score
I have almost 1,000 songs ripped to my hard drive. While the variety of satellite radio is nice....the sound quality sucks. I can't stand the compressed sound. The hard drive does a good job of keeping the quality of CD's (better than the iPod) but of course it is limited by space. I'm trying to be selective (Yes, my CD collection is that big) and only picking the best of the best. I haven't gotten to the editing process yet as deleting songs off the disk is a pain in the butt. But yes, I use the HD. :)

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool beans Art!

When we get together at your house for "Rench on Raptor Day" maybe you can upload your songs to my portable hard drive? :thumbsup:

Where are we at with the get-together? Did we ever decide on a date? (Where is that thread anyway?)

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, dumb question/statement, but here goes: I take it the built-in hard drive comes only on Raptors equipped with Navigation? I don't have Nav, so just wondering...

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, dumb question/statement, but here goes: I take it the built-in hard drive comes only on Raptors equipped with Navigation? I don't have Nav, so just wondering...

Not a dumb question... but yes. I don't have Nav either but just remember that you can upload a ton of music on a usb flash drive or external hard drive (in the comfort of your home, I might add), plug it into the usb "sync" port and access the music through the sync system.

The "add a second usb port" thread shows how you can add a cable to put this drive in the glovebox or center console...