Who Is Using the Harddrive? Anyone? Bueller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...just remember that you can upload a ton of music on a usb flash drive or external hard drive (in the comfort of your home, I might add), plug it into the usb "sync" port and access the music through the sync system.

The "add a second usb port" thread shows how you can add a cable to put this drive in the glovebox or center console...

Yeah, I've been using a 16G thumb drive almost since I got the truck and love it! I just thought there was a "built in" hard drive the way everyone was talking, and wanted to take advantage of it if it were there...

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just thought there was a "built in" hard drive the way everyone was talking, and wanted to take advantage of it if it were there...

The Raptor system does come with a built in HD. I'm not sure about size but I believe it will hold roughlt 2700 tracks. I've got about 10 CDs uploaded already.

JohntheDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor system does come with a built in HD. I'm not sure about size but I believe it will hold roughlt 2700 tracks. I've got about 10 CDs uploaded already.

Thanks for the info. Time to get my manual out and see what's up!

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I believe it only comes with the SYNC system but I tried to confirm that online. I haven't yet been able to find information that says if it comes with SYNC only or is standard on all Raptors. Unfortunately I can't RTFM right now as it's not nearby.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I *tried* to rip one CD to the internal 'Jukebox' and gave up, it was painfully slow.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All Raptors come with SYNC... it's the built-in nav screen option that comes with the built-in hard drive.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it's the built-in nav screen option that comes with the built-in hard drive.

Sorry about that guys, yes it comes with the built in Navigation system.

Anyhow, it's really simple to use and only takes about 20 minutes to do a 10-13 track album.

Insert CD > click Media button > Push Record > select tracks (generally click all tracks) > Push Start Recording.

Once you click start recording you should see a small down loading bar at the bottom of screen. Then out beside it should have the word record above the number of tracks. Example of recording a complete Album: 0/12. It takes on average listening to 5 tracks to upload a 10-13 track CD. If you have to stop the process, you can simply restart it by the same basic process used to start it: Click Media > push record > start recording. This will generally pick up where it left off.

Now on rare occasions, this process would not record the entire album. I tried uploading a album that had 13 tracks, for some reason the system only recognized only 10 tracks. I tried restarting it with zero luck...lucky though it was the last 3 songs which were deep tracks I didn't care for anyhow.