GEN 2 Which topper? Pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t decide which topper shape looks better. Some buddies like the red ATC (current) while others like the blue ARE (option). Long story short the red truck is mine with my new ATC topper. Paint is jacked. Can hold it till a new one comes in.

Do I get the same ATC, or do I spend another $1100 and get one (in red, obviously) like the blue truck which is an ARE Z series? I’ve heard the ATC looks more rugged and truck like and the ARE is too curvy and soft looking. Others think the ARE fits the truck lines better.

I’m not a huge fan of how boxy at the back the ATC (current) is. But also don’t know if I want to spend $1100 for some curves...

5995a822535d982f3efe3be32a48374f.jpg

dc3efcd9fbe4a468b5ac10bd4fb0eca2.jpg
63d63ceec8452fc35c30def192aecef8.jpg
a0df2177f4355db2b82940f421982510.jpg

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id probably go with the blue style but Im OCD like that. Will they give you any kind of discount for the trouble since you're having to deal with replacing the current one?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ARE looks cleaner, more OEM if you will. But I hate it. :) I've had toppers on all of my trucks since 1985, but I just couldn't do it to my Raptor. It's like putting lipstick on the Mona Lisa. But tastes vary, so do whatever you want. It's your truck.

OP
OP
Proflyer

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Id probably go with the blue style but Im OCD like that. Will they give you any kind of discount for the trouble since you're having to deal with replacing the current one?
I’m the same. Either way I’ll get a new top. I lean toward the ARE as it’s what I thought I was getting shape/style wise, but I also didn’t pay for it.

Yes they extended me fleet price for the trouble on the ARE if I want it. About $1100 more than the current one still.

OP
OP
Proflyer

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ARE looks cleaner, more OEM if you will. But I hate it. :) I've had toppers on all of my trucks since 1985, but I just couldn't do it to my Raptor. It's like putting lipstick on the Mona Lisa. But tastes vary, so do whatever you want. It's your truck.
Not a fan at all of them either, but it’s become a necessity so I’m trying to get the cleanest setup I can. I agree on the ARE looking more like it fits the Raptor. The ATC is kind of boxy

D

Deleted member 17706

The ARE Z series looks better. Their window design and shape has always fit the Raptor the best. I had one on my Gen 1—good quality. Also, their keyless entry feature is nice too.

9E9738BC-995D-4196-8351-F7CEC81688FE.jpeg

I have a Race Red for my Gen 2 like you. Instead of a traditional topper, I went with a Go Fast Camper. It has all the functionality of a traditional topper, but it looks a lot better while also having a RTT built into it. I haven’t picked it up yet, so this is just for reference:

F36CB1A8-59AD-4BB4-A504-0D6EAEC27ACB.jpeg

Gaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really liked the look of the ARE, but when I saw how easy it is for someone to get into a “locked” window I stayed away. Look
Er up it’s kinda a ball buster