GEN 2 Which topper? Pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

Yea, it has a roof top tent built into it: https://gofastcampers.com/

You can’t beat it. The tent deploys in less than 20 seconds and the entire camper with the RTT weighs 300 lbs.

I tried one out on a Tacoma in the Tetons last year before ordering one—it takes nearly a year for it to be built because of their demand. It looks a lot better on a Raptor :)

1B16D762-76A0-428D-A071-24A24784BDE4.jpeg

D7B8944B-8474-4C19-B9C1-0906598FECCF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a Snugtop Rebel. Pretty happy with it. It's nice and sleek, has the keyed locks that work with the remote, twin LED strip lighting ... Couldn't be happier.
AVXE3lMzLmU5_Bjkr92rz6HgWr42UT5ARxkCHaG6oypNSH6VyiPxJZutW3s6TL-zULqgKPC396cnCJ5NQXBmaA9lNIH1u_M_8Tr8oP6l408bug7fzrPGmS9sR6gG19KGhSJxgpmBY3htbPPJxcJ2cci7EtFbrWYlgk0jY2Y1Ic_2bbl_j0J2y5kJNjEIkHD7hvwoVuqSuaSTu-yQ5HFkDKMt6ZY5MKFPddQWFp1S98psAHh-dLr69aykP5pWnrGrgzuKdkNHXobOj_2ZXevT_Vsm2AEIzhLdZpIzmRIVGM3bwoSP-qmy-fa2PCgGbCElKjZ9pPOn8V-H0FENNJ1iUIzbyESHHk7Iahq7wvpuBLmhJBkkA-NEquPeeuc8kHQpEBIU0KZ-lZ4TvOAeELPVHpGRaDsEk3wjr9CD_1vNqDtAshm_Ewz8SSoEPJRgwXVCcWPdlhlsyAmc-z4TzYv-_sZ6fQQLUB2iIu1Kt6BkZD591G9J8PxS0O7zt39H28stJFiI14PsnI_P-xEdxcsgGdR2ZCLiWkEUQWdnTDtnI4qH-b4k-NFqMGbM8oWuVD1YIOOKUjPvgFjHTiV5cS7Je5_Ig5RP_mMinrdmCt2DTFiiKG9n1HbxPBqtQFmx9DUwspZUfOXGsmZUkv3jr42B3gRxzHcAtCqAGpuZUrXF-oDAtX3miX6yNB4UDEiAibM=w1772-h1329-no

That being said, I went with this one because I have animals I need to put in the back. If I didn't, I'd probably have gone the RSI route or something else that's window-less

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn't a good looking topper for the Raptor. ALL of them make the truck look gross. If you want/need it for the utility then get whatever is the best quality for the least money and don't get hung up on looks cause it aint gonna look good no matter what.

D

Deleted member 17706

There isn't a good looking topper for the Raptor. ALL of them make the truck look gross. If you want/need it for the utility then get whatever is the best quality for the least money and don't get hung up on looks cause it aint gonna look good no matter what.

I would like to know what your significant other looks like before you start lecturing us on what looks gross.

Moreover, on other threads you have noted that you are/will be hauling a trailer for your overland needs. Yea, like an off-road trailer doesn’t look gross. Not to mention, how a trailer neuters your truck’s off-road capabilities as it doesn’t matter how overland ready a trailer may be, you are not bombing through the desert with one.

Stop acting like a **** and move on. Those of us that use toppers have them for a specific reason. Me personally, I have traveled all across North America camping/off-roading in places that most people will never see.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what your significant other looks like before you start lecturing us on what looks gross.

Moreover, on other threads you have noted that you are/will be hauling a trailer for your overland needs. Yea, like an off-road trailer doesn’t look gross. Not to mention, how a trailer neuters your truck’s off-road capabilities as it doesn’t matter how overland ready a trailer may be, you are not bombing through the desert with one.

Stop acting like a **** and move on. Those of us that use toppers have them for a specific reason. Me personally, I have traveled all across North America camping/off-roading in places that most people will never see.

Wow...grouch much? I didn't ask for an opinion like the OP did. You had to put in effort to be an Ahole where I just gave an opinion that was asked for.
You even bring up my significant other? I feel sad for you.

D

Deleted member 17706

Wow...grouch much? I didn't ask for an opinion like the OP did. You had to put in effort to be an Ahole where I just gave an opinion that was asked for.
You even bring up my significant other? I feel sad for you.

Yea, well I have seen you comment twice now on different threads about how ugly/gross toppers are. Yet, you are traveling with a trailer yourself. Hypocritical if you ask me because a trailer doesn't look much better. So hopefully you'll get the same blessing of being told how gross your set up is.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, well I have seen you comment twice now on different threads about how ugly/gross toppers are. Yet, you are traveling with a trailer yourself. Hypocritical if you ask me because a trailer doesn't look much better. So hopefully you'll get the same blessing of being told how gross your set up is.

Really are upset aren't you. Weird. You haven't seen my trailer. The trailer doesn't alter the Raptor looks. The trailer is towed to a base camp and detached so I can explore the area. And...unlike the OP I didn't ask for your opinion. When an opinion is asked for you get what you get. Toppers are gross on Raptors and if it hurts your feelings I'm sorry but it's true. That doesn't mean I don't understand the utility...for some...or that you shouldn't do it if that's your thing. Not sure why you decided to attack me for my opinion...that was asked for...and offer your uninformed(you've not seen mine) opinion when it was NOT asked for. You are going way out of your way to be obnoxious. My advice...that was asked for...to the OP is to get the least expensive quality option as looks aren't important due to both of the presented options looking bad...my advice stands.