Which one is better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarioAC

Reaction score
I'm looking for good quality automatic bed cover.

So far I have seen a lot of them but like the "Roll N Lock E Series" and "Retrax Powertrax One".

Which one do you think it's better for protection against the sun, water, dust and traveling.

OP
OP
MarioAC

MarioAC

Reaction score
Don't know anything about them except they're expensive.

Which one would you recommend instead?

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

No spare rack in the future?

I don't think so, the racks take up too much space and I use the car for my business also which is construction and I need to move a lot of things each day..

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend told me that the Roll N Lock E Series is not currently available. He knows because he's planning to get one.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's correct, the RNL E-Series is not currently available. They changed the motor and they are waiting for the new motors.

The RNL is vinyl laminated aluminum. The vinyl will fade. Also, RNL requires four small holes to be drilled into the tailgate.

The PowertraxPro is the way to go. No drilling, no vinyl, and obviously, the aluminum is stronger than the Lexan of the PowertraxOne. However, if the PowertraxPro is too expensive, the PowertraxOne might fit your budget.

The Pace Edwards Bedlocker is also electric.

BGCPrez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you pull the trigger on this buy? Which way did you go? I have the exact same dilemma now. I like the look of the roll-n-lock better but don't think I can wait for "early next year" which may turn out to be mid-late next year!

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for good quality automatic bed cover.

So far I have seen a lot of them but like the "Roll N Lock E Series" and "Retrax Powertrax One".

Which one do you think it's better for protection against the sun, water, dust and traveling.

I have had my Retrax for 2 years now and love it. However, I would recommend the manual version, not the power version if your planning on doing a fair amount of offroading. You dont want to have a locked cover due to motor failure.

No spare rack in the future?

I have a horizontal rack in my bed. 1 spare and two 5 gallon fuel cans and it works pefect with the cover. You just cant use vertical rack and a bed cover together.