What's up with the clicking coming from the rear shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been driving me crazy. When I'm driving on normal roads and hit bumps it sounds like there is a bolt or shock mount loose in the rear. I looked everywhere and found it's coming from the shock itself. When you jump up and down on the bumper you hear click , clack, click clack. I thought there was something wrong until I went to my dealer and checked out 2 new 2020 raptors and they did the same thing! What's going on with the valving on these? Why are they so noisy? The front doesn't sound like this.

OP
OP
M

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '20 does not do that, it's quiet like you would expect.

Have you looked into it? Most people won’t notice it. Push up and down real hard on the bumper and bounce the truck. You get no click, click,click. Went to the dealer and both 2020”s did it

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2020 never did this with the Fox shocks. I did however just replace them with Kings as I am not a fan of the Live Valves.

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know basically all bypass shocks internal or external will make clicking noises. If you buy after market bypass shocks it will be much more prominent sound.
Your trucks suspension completely stock?