What truck would you consider selling your Raptor for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never. I wouldn't trade my GEN1 for any other vehicle, for a date with Jennifer Aniston, for a house on the French Riveria, or anything else. I consider my GEN1 to be both priceless and irreplaceable.
If it’s just a date with Jennifer Aniston then I agree, but a happy ending date would require some serious evaluation. I do plan on keeping my ‘12 until I’m no longer able to get in it. I actually love the fact the engine is considered work/fleet as it is reliable as hell and I plan on getting as many miles as humanly possible on it. I’m not opposed to a newer Raptor but the Lightning currently has my eye. Not to trade my Raptor in for of course.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing in my opinion that could hold a candle next to my raptor and that I would actually entertain swapping for would be a new super duty tremor with a godzilla 7.3. But they're two different beasts and the SD is not as nimble

I wonder how difficult replacing the 6.2 with a 7.3 would be? The 7.3 is an animal and is holding up very well in very high HP (albeit short) tests. Seems like it could live at 750 hp for a LONG time.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI. CT I respect the hell out of your builds/engine work. Killer stuff (and seems like an extraordinary value vs the “L” sponsor).

If you're referring to me I greatly appreciate it! It's been fun modding the Gen 1. I have yet to drive anything that would make me consider selling it for. Sadly she's into storage for the winter now, but it'll be awesome getting her back out in the spring!

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how difficult replacing the 6.2 with a 7.3 would be? The 7.3 is an animal and is holding up very well in very high HP (albeit short) tests. Seems like it could live at 750 hp for a LONG time.
I guess a lot easier to drop in a cammed and stroked Livernois 6.6 but hey we can dream, right ?