Feedback on your R's -- what problems have you experienced thus far?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got mine. Traded in a 23 normal Raptor since it had no heated steering wheel. Found a Raptor R with a heated steering wheel ;). Three concerns so far. 1. Remote started it once and heard a rattle (exhaust maybe?) Popped the hood and the truck shut off, restarted and sounded fine. Hmmm. 2. It does stumble a bit at start up, mainly after it is warm. I'll keep an eye on this. 3. I swear I smell burnt oil - like oil burning on any exhaust when you first get in it when warm. No oil drips on garage floor yet, I have not gone underneath to inspect yet. Going to watch oil consumption closely.

I swapped out the airbags with no issues. Same diameter springs in the rear as the regular raptor - which was nice. Dealer also let me swap out the bed cover.

Man, that’s one expensive heated steering wheel!

For #1, remote start is disabled with the hood open. Pretty sure that’s why it shut off and is normal operation.

asg0524

Reaction score
I just noticed today that the lock is missing inside of the spare tire cap in the tailgate…Just out of curiosity are others missing it from factory. I had my truck undercoated and wondering if they forgot to reinstall it.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed today that the lock is missing inside of the spare tire cap in the tailgate…Just out of curiosity are others missing it from factory. I had my truck undercoated and wondering if they forgot to reinstall it.
Not missing, removed on purpose by the bean counters. Will run you $100 to buy from ford parts

GaDirtyBird

Reaction score
Bought my raptor in July. It was a July build. I have about 22k miles on it now. I had an issue with it leaving me stranded not recognizing the key fobs around 500 miles in… it would just randomly say key fob not detected and get stuck in park. The spot in cup holder for dead fob wouldn’t work…I took to ford they couldn’t figure out the problem and wanted me to let it with them but wouldn’t give me a loaner car… I ended up taking it home and figured out if I put the key fob in the back seat it would recognize it every time and not have an issue… so i used it like that till the first oil change and then told them to check into it. They ended up finding a messed up harness under the center glove box that wasn’t letting the antenna under there work or the key slot in the cup holder… both my windows on the front make noise when one of them is partially cracked open…

Other than those 2 issues I have had no problems. I have loved every 22,*** miles. I use it for my work truck, I am a used specialty car dealer. I pull a car trailer with car on it behind this truck weekly Multipule times with no issue. I had a 2021 Ram Trx I used until 88k miles and the Raptor R is just a much smoother, better built truck… can tell ford has been building a off road truck for many years vs the Trx… but the Trx was good to me only issue I had with it was the radiator leaked from 30k miles on… and the dealer couldn’t get me one… I ended up Jb welding it every so often. And I used it to do the same things I am doing with the R… I had it Accross country multiple times… it also saw all lower 48 states of the USA in 1 year chasing old corvettes…
I had this exact problem with my 22 Tremor. Would only detect the key fob if it was in back seat. Dealership had to replace the antenna.

Reaction score
I had this exact problem with my 22 Tremor. Would only detect the key fob if it was in back seat. Dealership had to replace the antenna.
Yea they fixed if by replacing some harness under the center console that had broken wires….

I am currently at 32k miles and have it in for the rear end “howling”/grinding. Just flat out making a noise from time you start moving till time you stop… I thought it might be tires being close to wear so I replaced the tires and noise is still there… it is currently at the dealership now trying to figure out the issue with the rear end noise…

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a TSB on a howling grinding noise. Got mine last week to replace front axles.
My park assist has a water problem they can’t find. But so far really good.

Last edited:

quadjeff1

Reaction score
10,750 miles. 2 oil changes zero issues (whoever put the oil filter on at the factory made if nearly impossible to get off) Drive it everyday. Worth every dime. 2019 F250 Platinum just sits.. I use it on and off road. Elk hunting in Montana and Utah. Had it chained up in deep snow, ugly rutted roads. The ride is amazing. Truck exceeded all my expectations.

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At approx. 10.000km I had an oil leak.
They did the Customer Satisfaction Program 23B25 (replacing valve covers and seals), because the oil seemed to come from the heads/valve covers.
It turned out to be 2 gaskets for the spark plugs, appearantly they were not seated correctly in the valve cover from factory.
Today over 17.000km without any other issues (and 2 oil changes meanwhile).

Attachments

• 20231206_195304000_iOS.jpg
    20231206_195304000_iOS.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 22

RBA

Reaction score
I guess I've been lucky. Took delivery in early December of '23 and only have the front passenger parking sensor going off for no reason once in a while.