Feedback on your R's -- what problems have you experienced thus far?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize ownership is fairly new with the 2023's but I'm still curious to know what are the common problems/issues/annoyances you guys are experiencing with your R's so far as we come to the close of 2023? I'm reading a lot about what is awesome which is great but what on the other side of that, what issues would you be willing to report, if any. Curious to see what is trending and what may (or may not) eventually wind up on a TSB. Thanks.

Dellis777

Reaction score
Nothing huge but when you start it and it's in normal mode the exhaust valve located on the drivers side of the truck has a pretty ugly ticking sound but it goes away when you switch the exhaust to sport or baja.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do I start…

My R was one of the first R’s that were built last December and delivered to back in January of this year.

I had only 2400 miles on mine when I had turned it back into Ford under their buyback program/lemon law.

It was in and out of the dealership since day one, trying to address an issue with the engine which ended up being a SC issue. After going back and forth with the dealership, Ford Performance and Ford Corporate for almost two months Ford sent a SC replacement and a Ford Performance mechanic to address the issue because the trucks were so new at the time.

They ended up replacing the SC and it appeared to fix the issue for about a week / 250 miles. Then the sound / issue came back and the R went back into my local Ford dealer, and I was back on the phone with my FP rep that was originally signed to my case. After going back and forth again with Ford, for a month while the R sat at the dealer I decided that I was done with the MY23 R and proceeded to process the buyback.

Ford did right by me and bought back the R for what I paid for it plus the additional monies that I paid for the PPF.

All in all it was a bitter sweet day when I dropped the R off at the dealer for the last time (pic below), but having the truck in my possession for only two out of the six months I owned it was not acceptable to me, and moving forward with the buyback made sense to me at the time.

I new the risk going into buying a first MY, and in the end Ford did take care of me with a fast and easy buyback once the buyback was set in motion.

I currently have a 24MY on order, so fingers crossed for round two.

IMG_4455.jpeg

Last edited:

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10000 KM exhaust actuator(s) bailed. Parts on order. Sounds like one is stuck somewhere between Sport and Normal. No Quiet and sounds like crap in Normal. Have to drive in Sport 100%. 24 on order...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter