What truck would you consider selling your Raptor for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This though always crosses my mind with new and cool stuff coming out. I love my Gen 1 and have no plants to sell it anytime soon for a different truck, but am curious what you guys would consider selling yours for. I've owned diesel F-250's in the past, and they are awesome if you are hauling or towing big stuff on the regular, but otherwise the size and off-road capability led me to sell mine. Gen 2's I'm not interested in at all, not sure what it is. Probably the more enticing trucks would be the new EV ones due to their capabilities, but I have a hard time swallowing 70k+ for a vehicle that will depreciate quite a bit. I waited to buy my Gen 1 until the pricing leveled off on them and am glad I waited.

What are your thoughts?

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I'm not selling mine, as they say "They will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands". My main vehicle now is a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, when the time comes for another vehicle, it will be something that rides like you're sitting on a marshmallow with next to no road noise. Getting too old and my rear end has lost all its padding so I'm going for full luxury.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TRX. Not holding my breath on a V8 Raptor R at this point. Absolutely love my 2013 Roush but one ride in a friends TRX with a smaller SC pulley and tune. Damn that thing moves for a 6500lb truck with 35’s. I think it is trapping near 120mph.
I think before I did that I'd just build my Gen 1. I just don't really see the hype of the TRX.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not selling mine either, but if Ford came out with an EV Raptor with self charging capabilities I might consider, otherwise I will watch it become yard art one day.
Yea, that's kind of where I am too. As much as I would miss the V8 noises the Gen 1 makes a full EV one that's been ramped up would be pretty fun too, pending the range doesn't such. I live in the midwest, so EV isn't that enticing for me since the nearest major city is at least 200 miles away.