What truck would you consider selling your Raptor for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think before I did that I'd just build my Gen 1. I just don't really see the hype of the TRX.
I can’t say how it performs off-road but based on what I have watched and read, it is certainly superior to a Gen 1 and likely superior to a Gen 2. Gen 3 is a beast off-road, so I can’t imagine the TRX being superior in that aspect.

That said, the power, sound and capability AND is warrantied. It’s expensive, but there are some dealers you can pick up the Level 1 package (which is well appointed) and some a la carte options for under 70k. I’ve had two Gen 1 Raptors and love them. I can’t get used to the noises the Gen 2 makes, despite it being a better chassis and performs better. The TRX merges it together IMO. I wish it looked better though, as I feel the styling is:

1) Gen 1 Raptor
2) Gen 3 Raptor
Wash - 3) Gen 2 Raptor / Ram TRX

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had several vehicles over the years. My 2014 SVT is hands down my favorite vehicle. I'm not really sure there's anything out there that I would be tempted to get.

I've heard good things about the RAM TRX and the body style just looks weird.

I test drove a Gen 2 Raptor but I knew in less than one test drive I didn't like it. The sound was all wrong, the ride was weird, the interior just felt off. When we pulled out of the dealer lot and I stomped on it, the acceleration was impressive but I just knew a turbo V6 in a big truck was asking for trouble in the long run. The salesman seemed like he was personally offended when I said I wanted the 6.2L engine and tried to argue with me on gas mileage. I pointed to my Escalade and told him I didn't give a crap about gas mileage.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
There is nothing out there better than a Gen1 at this point period. But there could be if Ford just put the Gen1 6.2L V8 in a Gen3 keep the price reasonable and call it a day. That is the dream if you ask me. The Raptor R will be so insane and expensive and over the top no reasonable people will be able to afford it. The R basically will be wasteful overkill for most ppl driving it around Starbucks and such. I don’t need an insane V8 in the R that is a Ram killer when the cost is super car expensive and I can never afford one. The Gen1 motor in a Gen3 body would keep the cost way down, give good fuel economy, and be very reliable. It would please a huge number of people not in the new raptors due to a weak V6 on a juiced trombone to hide the truth of what it actual is. Like it’s so obvious at this point it’s insane to me. Make a trophy truck of rare Raptor R’s to say you bested the T-rx and let them be $200k. But also just start offering the 6.2L V8 as a regular engine option along with the 3.5L V6. Hell, the V8 would arguably be even cheaper than the Eco V6. Just let the customer choose what they want and more ppl would come back to the raptor IMHO.

Last edited:

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I be restoring my Gen 1. Just an AWSOME TRUCK. But the answer to the question is an New F150 with the Black Widow modes is the only thing that catches my eye. Seen a couple of them at my local dealership. Both had the 5.0 engine wich I prefer over a ecoboost. Both were around 83 grand wich make me love my Gen1 even more