What made you decide on Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PerfectoR

Reaction score
I went with a Gen3 after waiting to see what the new F-150 remake was going to looks like....plus my soon to be father in law picked up a F250 Lariat and hes been prodding me to get a Raptor after being on the fence. Whelp after seeing the F250 I was sold in getting the Raptor.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Depends if part of your portfolio is say money market, write the check. If your selling stock, finance and avoid the cap gains.
I am a situation as my mom passed and left me an IRA. I have about $60,000 saved and I’m taking the other $30,000 out of the beneficiary IRA since I have to take minimum draws every year. I was going to take the whole $30,000 out but my financial advisor said to finance the $30k over three years and take $10k out each year and make payments and or use the required withdrawal for something else.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A former employer of mine recently went public so I decided to cash out some of my equity for a Raptor.
Financing may get you a better deal and investing the money would’ve just paid up front will get you better yields. If you’re financing at 2.5% and you put 70k into stocks/funds (especially those stocks yielding dividends)… could easily clear 15% returns annually. TRBCX is a great example of a fund, has yielded 18% annually over the last 10 years. Dealers don’t like people paying cash anyways. Tried to do that with my Raptor and the price was higher haha. Financing got me the car slightly below sticker.
That being said, different strokes for different folks! End result = RAPTOR!

RapidRed2020

Reaction score
I have a 2020 with 24k miles. LOVE it but wish I had more clearance. Have taken it to Baja 3x in the last 12 months for pre-running. Was really thinking about upgrading to 37s but then this Factory backed 37 came out... with all the suspension upgrades: Fox 3.1, rear upgrades, interior upgrades, headlight upgrade, brake upgrade, etc... clear choice.