What made you decide on Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of guys on here who could write a check for $80k, but with such low interest rates, why??
Chnaces are he’s not paying cash either. He’s just doing a humble brag. No reason to put 70-80k down on a vehicle when you can finance them for 1.9-2.9%. There’s a ton of divided paying stocks out there that have been paying 6-7% for years. Plus if you’re able to save 70-80k cash flow is clearly not an issue.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 with 24k miles. LOVE it but wish I had more clearance. Have taken it to Baja 3x in the last 12 months for pre-running. Was really thinking about upgrading to 37s but then this Factory backed 37 came out... with all the suspension upgrades: Fox 3.1, rear upgrades, interior upgrades, headlight upgrade, brake upgrade, etc... clear choice.
What are you going to do about your username when your new one comes in?

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IRA inheritance is taxable to beneficiary as earned income, so you’d take the tax hit in one year
That is not correct unless she left it to a trust as her beneficiary. If she left it an individual the taxes are due the year the withdrawal is done.

bobbyboost

Reaction score
Chnaces are he’s not paying cash either. He’s just doing a humble brag. No reason to put 70-80k down on a vehicle when you can finance them for 1.9-2.9%. There’s a ton of divided paying stocks out there that have been paying 6-7% for years. Plus if you’re able to save 70-80k cash flow is clearly not an issue.
Humble brag? If you say so. I simply refuse to finance vehicles and am not overly concerned with trying to squeeze gains out of every available dollar.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Humble brag? If you say so. I simply refuse to finance vehicles and am not overly concerned with trying to squeeze gains out of every available dollar.
Refusing to finance a vehicle is a humble brag in and of itself. Especially when’s it’s 70-80k. Ha ha ha

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take a tax hit on any withdrawls, I have to take a mandatory one each year.
Correct. If she would have left it to her trust and you were the beneficiary of the trust you would have had to take the entire distribution in the year your mother passed.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For me, and maybe others, paying cash made it easier to accept the higher price tag than financing it. Before the Raptor, my most expensive vehicle was $40k. My used Raptor was a %150 more at $60k (although I was prepared to pay $75k new). I couldn't quite mentally justify the higher car pay, but if I could if I paid cash. It feels to me that loans are for necessities, not luxuries.

I'm not saying that paying cash was the smarter move financially. It wasn't. Just made it easier for me to justify.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, and maybe others, paying cash made it easier to accept the higher price tag than financing it. Before the Raptor, my most expensive vehicle was $40k. My used Raptor was a %150 more at $60k (although I was prepared to pay $75k new). I couldn't quite mentally justify the higher car pay, but if I could if I paid cash. It feels to me that loans are for necessities, not luxuries.

I'm not saying that paying cash was the smarter move financially. It wasn't. Just made it easier for me to justify.
Buying a car cash is never a bad decision. Sure you can make more money investing those dollars somewhere else, but you aren't paying interest to use the money. I usually finance at 0% with Ford, so financing is a no-brainer. Unfortunately I don't think that option will exist on the Raptor. It is a Raptor and I am using a new dealer as my old dealer wanted ADM after I purchased 4 cars from them, lol.