What made you decide on Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2020 with the KO2's fits in drive through car washes
Wondering how the 37 Package will handle most drive through car washes. My vehicles get dirty as hell on my construction sites and I'm to lazy to hand wash.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By me in NW Indiana Raptors are not allowed.
I've read a few threads where Raptor owners are going through car washes without a problem. But most have 35's, one guy mentioned he got banned when he changed to 37's. Alot of them mentioned they went with the trackless lazar car wash with out a issue. Owners manual states no automatic car wash, but I'm sure that's Ford covering their butt.

TheSkinMusket

Reaction score
I have wanted a Raptor for about ten years and am now in a financial position to buy one. This will be my first Ford as well. Coming from a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 All-Terrain whose shift from first to second would pucker your hoop. I was planning on ditching it in the fall before it reached its powertrain warranty because the transmission terrified me. As luck would have it, the used truck market went insane and a local dealer offered me $10k more for it than I was expecting and I found a great local Ford dealer willing to give me one of their 2 allotments for a Gen 3 at MSRP. Seemed like it was meant to be, I would be dumb not to do it, right?

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always wanted a Raptor, but couldn't justify paying MSRP for an F150 since I could routinely get $8k+ off sticker on non-Raptors. Well, it's time for a new truck again and EVERYTHING is going for just about sticker, so heck, I'll just get the Raptor for MSRP and enjoy! Plus my trade is worth more. :)

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of reason for a gen3 , have read here all the good answers. I think the best is the next independant rear suspension, bcs the gen2 rear moove/skip when the road is destroyed in a turn . 37" is cool also...
Since there is no scab, no change for me,a scab or nothing...

Sephiroth

Reaction score
Always wanted a Raptor, but couldn't justify paying MSRP for an F150 since I could routinely get $8k+ off sticker on non-Raptors. Well, it's time for a new truck again and EVERYTHING is going for just about sticker, so heck, I'll just get the Raptor for MSRP and enjoy! Plus my trade is worth more. :)
It’s a win win. And if the raptor retains its value for 5 years, you can trade it in for a new one and net 20K.

Timing is everything. Take what the defense gives you.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of reason for a gen3 , have read here all the good answers. I think the best is the next independant rear suspension, bcs the gen2 rear moove/skip when the road is destroyed in a turn . 37" is cool also...
Since there is no scab, no change for me,a scab or nothing...
Independent rear suspension? What truck are you talking about?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have wanted a Raptor for about ten years and am now in a financial position to buy one. This will be my first Ford as well. Coming from a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 All-Terrain whose shift from first to second would pucker your hoop. I was planning on ditching it in the fall before it reached its powertrain warranty because the transmission terrified me. As luck would have it, the used truck market went insane and a local dealer offered me $10k more for it than I was expecting and I found a great local Ford dealer willing to give me one of their 2 allotments for a Gen 3 at MSRP. Seemed like it was meant to be, I would be dumb not to do it, right?
Really ******* dumb.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First-time buyer. Changing from a 2016 F150 Limited

Looking forward to:
-Almost 100HP increase
-Rear Coils
-Fox suspension
-Infotainment Upgrade
-Better exhaust sound
-37s
-Aggressive look
-Powertech package

Wondering about:
-No more drive-thru car washes
-No massaging seats
-Front Parking sensors? (are those available?)
-Moving to blue interior

i use a drive through car wash quite often. Just find a touchless wash (LaserWash around here). I’ve found many that are wide enough to accommodate even wider cars than a Raptor. Just can’t use the ones that have tracks that’s all. Also, with the 360 camera, parking and maneuvering a Raptor isn’t a big deal. Multiple angles on the front cam is amazing.