What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The factory Beauty Rings have half the bolts...
I read here they are illegal on road. If that is true, why?
Not really....at least here in California...the vehicle code doesn't specifically call out "no beadlocks" ....and the cops have no idea what beadlock wheels are...

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything I've found indicates the beadlocks aren't DOT compliant but it falls into a grey area. There are warnings on the instructions for them though.

• Looks great, what wheel spacers are you running? Thank you....

No wheel spacers, all stock. You gain a little bit of tire width from the beadlock rings though, the outer bead is maybe 1" further out so the tire looks noticeably wider.

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new to these trucks so if this is a stupid question I apologize.

Can you run those true stainless beadlocks like the stock trim/beauty rings?

In other words leave the tire mounted as is and replace the stock trim/beauty rings with the stainless true beadlock rings.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you can, but it would leave an odd gap to the tire. The regular ones are designed to sit flush against the wheel, while the beadlock rings sit out to accommodate the bead width.

They're also clearcoated aluminum, not stainless. Do look good in person though.

vazo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that .. and yes they look awesome. I'll have to give that some thought.

So the tire gains some width as well from the beadlocks?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Blusmbl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The contact patch is noticeably wider, think it's effectively changing the rim with by ~1". The edge of the tire is sticking out further now, it's in line with the fender flares vs. being slightly tucked in before. I'll try to get a picture that shows it.