Wait list & MSRP issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the list of dealers i've inquired on. I marked the ones in Red as "Over MSRP" the ones in Green are at MSRP or below and the ones in Yellow haven't given me any real info yet. I've been talking to Williamsburg Ford and they have been helpful. I have no idea if they will do the same deal or not but if you're in this area you'll at least know where to start or not start your search.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the info. I live in SC but a trip to Virginia would not be out of the question. I have a spreadsheet also but will wait until the order date to call. I may wait until the first wave passes if I can control myself.

msmatt329

Reaction score
For what it's worth on X plan. Don't know how current it is. But it doesn't say "svt" so might be recent.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 190

daiku

Reaction score
This really ticks me off as a Ford Shareholder. This is the kind of shenanigans we saw 30 years ago in the Automobile Business. I refuse to deal with ANY DEALERSHIP FOREVER that engage in this kind of tactics. Manufacturers put out an MSRP that includes a more than reasonable return for the dealer, which often they are unable to get. When they finally have a vehicle customers want, they spit in their customers faces with this nonsense. Ford should CUT allocation of dealers that engage in these slimey practices. If there is a dealer who is willing to order me a vehicle at MSRP, I am fine with paying that. Just let me know, and I will pick up the truck. I am in the Central Coast of California.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
This really ticks me off as a Ford Shareholder. This is the kind of shenanigans we saw 30 years ago in the Automobile Business. I refuse to deal with ANY DEALERSHIP FOREVER that engage in this kind of tactics. Manufacturers put out an MSRP that includes a more than reasonable return for the dealer, which often they are unable to get. When they finally have a vehicle customers want, they spit in their customers faces with this nonsense. Ford should CUT allocation of dealers that engage in these slimey practices. If there is a dealer who is willing to order me a vehicle at MSRP, I am fine with paying that. Just let me know, and I will pick up the truck. I am in the Central Coast of California.

The problem is, I never pay MSRP for a run of the mill vehicle. Not many people do. The amount of money built into these cars these days aren't anything big. On a $60,000 fully loaded truck the Ford dealer might be making $6,000-$7000 with hold backs. That's at MSRP. Sell that at invoice and it's maybe $2000. When you get down to the Focus and Fiestas or the commercial vans there's even less. Have you seen the size of the dealerships these days? Have you seen all of the new rebuilds that have been done? All that stuff costs money. Dealers are in this to make money so if there are people out there willing to burn $10,000 to $20,000 ADM why wouldn't a dealer do it? Without dealers making money there is no one to sell cars. If there is no one to sell cars out Ford stock is worthless. Don't hate the player, hate the game. I hope that you're buying all your cars at MSRP and refusing to take any discounts since you're so worried about dealers adding markup. It wouldn't be right of you to demand they lower the price but refuse to do business if they add a markup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is, I never pay MSRP for a run of the mill vehicle. Not many people do. The amount of money built into these cars these days aren't anything big. On a $60,000 fully loaded truck the Ford dealer might be making $6,000-$7000 with hold backs. That's at MSRP. Sell that at invoice and it's maybe $2000. When you get down to the Focus and Fiestas or the commercial vans there's even less. Have you seen the size of the dealerships these days? Have you seen all of the new rebuilds that have been done? All that stuff costs money. Dealers are in this to make money so if there are people out there willing to burn $10,000 to $20,000 ADM why wouldn't a dealer do it? Without dealers making money there is no one to sell cars. If there is no one to sell cars out Ford stock is worthless. Don't hate the player, hate the game. I hope that you're buying all your cars at MSRP and refusing to take any discounts since you're so worried about dealers adding markup. It wouldn't be right of you to demand they lower the price but refuse to do business if they add a markup.

That's spot on... I'm pissed my dealer is asking 30k over, but I know why they are doing it and they would be stupid if they didn't ask over MSRP at this point. The only thing that ****** me off a little is they paid 10k over to other dealers out of state to get more allocations, and then are marking those up even more. Those tactics are like that annoying kid that sleeps in front of Toys R Us for the PS4 launch to buy 10 to put on ebay...

What also ****** me off is they are still playing standard dealer games, like calling me saying they want to negotiate and see what my trade in is worth, then when I come in, they say they are firm on the 30k markup...

A couple places out of state are doing stupid crap too, like telling me I need to make my offer in person for them to consider it...I understand the value of an offer in person, but if they are asking 20k over, and the best I will do is 3k over, all they are trying to do is to get me to waste my time and feel obligated to pay more....

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be much happier cutting out the middle man and buying direct from the manufacturer.

Agreed, but I have heard there are a ton of politics in play....something like the dealership networks paying off politicians to make it a requirement that autos be offered through a middle man dealership.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree with what you're saying, but there's some other long term factors to consider. At the end of the day dealers are a big part of the buying experience and if they alienate the customers it's ultimately going to hurt Ford.

Also, while I think dealers should be able to make money there's a difference between me going to a lot and buying a car that's been taking up space on their lots for months and me ordering a Raptor through them. It's insane in this day and age that a dealer has to even be involved. They aren't providing me anything a good web-based order form couldn't handle. I know lots of people hate on Tesla, but their purchasing system is starting to look pretty good. If there was any other real competition for the Raptor I imagine there would be defectors by the hundreds if not thousands.