Tune question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He he...Sorry for the nerd post...

Speaking of nerds, where is Silver Surfer?

OP
OP
6point2

6point2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang Fred good stuff lol. The only reason I got it was bc I liked the look but it was nice to get better mpg out of it

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
last year i used the 93 econo tune to drive to Delaware from NY about 4 hours or so and got 15-16 mpg. thats including around town driving after i got there and coming back. in 93 perf tune with my daily driving i get 12 mpg

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know...I have never been used my other tunes...I might try the 89 performance.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MPG has a WHOLY LOT MORE TO DO with how fast you drive AND the wind... Just drove to the ranch last week and then home got 12.9 avg. Coming home ran over the limit 90 or less mostly and going the speed limit 80 most of the way.

Got better mpg going home even at a higher speed because of the wind... had a 35 to 45 mph head/cross wind going..

I run the 5Star tune 93 octane. Run 37x13.50/18's with cat back duals and the AFE CAI system and ALL Amsoil fluids from stem to stern. Running the TP at 50psi cold.

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
50 PSI cold? I was thinking about bumping mine from 47 PSI...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
50psi cold? Wow! That's high! I guess you have to do everything possible to get back MPG when you are running 37s. ;)

Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
50 PSI---no big deal---always run the higher pressures. Am in the industry and know a little about tires. High temps and low pressures are VERY hard on tires even with no load to speak of.

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
try running 91 octane shell or better yet ethanol free fuel
smooth acceleration and braking is important
pay attention to traffic, move through it smoothly, hard stops and passing hurts mpg
try to catch more green lights, speeding can cause you to get the timing wrong
less idle time at stop lights will improve economy
try driving slower, anything over 65 mph is gonna cost ya wallet

drive smooth, drive safe, be consistent with your style of driving. Learn to move through traffic and keep the speed down. Use good fuel and clean oil. A little work in these areas will get you better mpg's. But it's so damn fun to drive fast. I love smashing other trucks on the highway. Sometimes I just gotta kill the throttle to get my jollies off. Good fuel economy is boring as hell and people expect to see aggressive drivers in Ford Raptors.

83-632x395.jpg