Tune question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
try running 91 octane shell or better yet ethanol free fuel
smooth acceleration and braking is important
pay attention to traffic, move through it smoothly, hard stops and passing hurts mpg
try to catch more green lights, speeding can cause you to get the timing wrong
less idle time at stop lights will improve economy
try driving slower, anything over 65 mph is gonna cost ya wallet

drive smooth, drive safe, be consistent with your style of driving. Learn to move through traffic and keep the speed down. Use good fuel and clean oil. A little work in these areas will get you better mpg's. But it's so damn fun to drive fast. I love smashing other trucks on the highway. Sometimes I just gotta kill the throttle to get my jollies off. Good fuel economy is boring as hell and people expect to see aggressive drivers in Ford Raptors.

83-632x395.jpg

He couldn't of said it any better. The biggest enemy to mpg is the on-ramp. I am a culprit myself. When I hit the on-ramp in my raptor I can not help but to punch the pedal to hear that engine purr and get put back in the seat......its just fun. But seriously all these tunes I write are written from everyday driving that I do. It takes me a long time and alot of miles to critique the tunes so that I get the best possible mileage or performance out of every tune that I develop. I also appreciate the feedback I get from you guys so I can do my best to make them better. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions feel free to drop me a line.