Tracking of built truck on chip hold now says “not yet available for tracking”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
*looks at my keys to the Gen 2*

Welp... got a pickup here boys.. runs, works, still got 500HP, never going to sell it. *lights a cigar*

James D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, it is not a chip shortage.
they probably don’t have flares or chips

Last edited:

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so, it is not a chip shortage.
It could have started as a chip shortage, then we got the pictures of all the missing fender flairs. They also might not have a "hold" setup in the system for flairs so they just used the microchip hold so people wouldn't ask questions. Still could be chips. Could be fender chips.
All we know is the system says chip hold, but all 2000 Raptors sitting in the lot are missing fender flairs

Sierraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first Ford purchase and was very much looking forward to it. I am really starting to have second thoughts. I have to be honest here, I get the whole supply chain issues. I own a construction company and have been dealing with it for 2 years now. What I absolutely do not understand is at this point refusal to communicate what is actually going on. The FP guys as nice as they are to speak with have to be going just nuts at this point wasting their time fielding 200 useless calls a day on this fiasco. This is not just a bad business practice, its just dumb. All the wasted time on all parties part over a 2 sentence statement letting customers know what is going on is just mind boggling.

Stan G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you guys aren't reading the threads...the flares have chips that control the led lighting in them. The word "chips" are being used for anything that has any bit of circuitry that controls electronics.

It's kind of like using the word "bread" to describe anything that is made with flour...like that "bread" (donut) you had for breakfast...or the "bread" (pasta) you had for dinner.

Its sad that we've got to this point. :D

PerfectoR

Reaction score
I use to have an ok experience with the FP team but the few times ive called them its been nothing but attitude with them and that was 2 months ago. I get it that they are swamped with idiots that call every day, day after day...completely understood but the lack of communication between Ford and dealers/customers for how much we spend on these vehicles is absolutely terrible.

Going on 6 months now from when my order was placed and then in production since the 23rd of September while others have been in August with zero communication about anything. Really makes you think that hey my hard earned money would be best served with another brand at this point.

Simple communication to the effect saying hey here is what is going on, here is what the hold up is and here is when or what we are expecting would be enough. Heck even an acknowledgement of any kind to the dealers etc....its not hard developing an analytical system where you go to a dealer, they input your info and you get communication and progress on your build. Taylor made, hey you are our customer and you will be treated with the same respect across the board. Definately not the case here.