Arrived at the dealer today...and the carrier driver does over $7000 damage NOW THE REST OF THE STORY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my VIN and build date today, May 22. As noted above I took off the bedliner to remove one less possible way to get damaged on a carrier. Hopefully no new additional constraints. I ordered my first one in September of 22, its astounding to me that 7 months later they STILL have the same constraints.
AND Today the bid date gets pushed a month into late June with no firm date. Supposedly Raptor builds on hold for parts constraints. I am tempted to cancel at this point and just order a 24 when they become available since a mid cycle refresh seems likely. Frustrating....

drewski354

Reaction score
AND Today the bid date gets pushed a month into late June with no firm date. Supposedly Raptor builds on hold for parts constraints. I am tempted to cancel at this point and just order a 24 when they become available since a mid cycle refresh seems likely. Frustrating....
I hope that's not true. My salesman just told me two weeks ago, my build date is 6/5/2023. I'm thinking you should be fine. I've been shopping for a Raptor for a couple of months; Ford is flooding dealers with surprise allocations of Raptors as of recent. Some dealerships are still playing off of the hysteria of the minimal production of Raptors moving forward. However, my research logged on my spreadsheet proved otherwise. I called a F-ton of dealers. My local Ford dealer that would not play ball with me at MSRP now have 6 Raptors sitting (asking 10K over). I think you should be good. Also, you could wait for the refresh. Keep us posted.

I was also hoping the features that are usually deleted due to "supply constraints" would be present in my build since it's been so long and I have a build date that's in the future. I would like the advanced security pack and heated steering wheel. It's a shame.

OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No financing, but with the 24's starting production in mid October I may just wait. I have already been waiting since August of 22. Looks like possible changes are headlights, tail lights and larger infotainment screen like the lightning.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
No financing, but with the 24's starting production in mid October I may just wait. I have already been waiting since August of 22. Looks like possible changes are headlights, tail lights and larger infotainment screen like the lightning.
And if you wait until 25 there will be changes too...

I still don't know why you don't just grab one on the lot somewhere and be done. Yes it will take some effort, but why keep putting yourself through the wait...not worth it.

OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if you wait until 25 there will be changes too...

I still don't know why you don't just grab one on the lot somewhere and be done. Yes it will take some effort, but why keep putting yourself through the wait...not worth it.
I have easily spent over 100 hours looking for a loaded rapid red 37 with the only restriction of no blue interior for MSRP. Haven't found ONE or it would already be in my garage.