Arrived at the dealer today...and the carrier driver does over $7000 damage NOW THE REST OF THE STORY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bedrugs are nice and all, but they are no comparison for the mat if you are really using the bed.

I had three extra sheets of Durock in the back for the last 4 months. Those sheets are always really damp when you buy them, and sure enough when I pulled them out there was mold on the rubber mat under the bottom sheet.

The mat just pulls out in literally 5 seconds, unlike a bedrug. Slap it down on the driveway, spray it down with bleach, scrub brush it- brand new again. You'd never get that mold smell out of a Bedrug.

I'd imagine it would be a nightmare to get the little sharp angular ground up chunks of concrete that always break loose from the edges of Durock out of a bedrug as well.

BTW, don't use Durock- that shit sucks to deal with so bad...

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fireman Dave Did you ever find out what the dealer was doing with the damaged truck? Does that go back to Ford. I didn't see it on the dealers website unless they haven't fixed it yet.

OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Fireman Dave Did you ever find out what the dealer was doing with the damaged truck? Does that go back to Ford. I didn't see it on the dealers website unless they haven't fixed it yet.
My understanding is that it is getting shipped back to Ford. Not clear what happens from there. Checking this morning my build is a Priority 1 so hopefully I will be scheduled soon.

OP
OP
Fireman Dave

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my VIN and build date today, May 22. As noted above I took off the bedliner to remove one less possible way to get damaged on a carrier. Hopefully no new additional constraints. I ordered my first one in September of 22, its astounding to me that 7 months later they STILL have the same constraints.

RollTigers

Reaction score
My dealer called me this morning with exciting news, they could see that my Raptor was finally enroute to my dealer in Northern Indiana after sitting in Flatrock for almost two months and said it will be here in the late morning. Super excited, I get a call about noView attachment 397835View attachment 397836on and am told the guy taking it off the carrier did extensive damage to the RF wheel and tire, fender flare, both doors and RR cab corner. Then also somehow manages to tear up the drivers side outside door handle also.
Dealer is saying bed has to come off to get to the cab corner, remove rear glass and both doors, remove and replace drip rail and after body damage repaint entire right side of truck. They also will have to strip the bedliner out and re-coat to get to the bed bolts.

I'm just sick. Waiting for Ford's response but in dealers past experience Ford will just say fix it. I said I have no interest in buying a truck with $7K (and likely more) damage. Dealer is apologetic but nothing they can do. Ford apparently got rid of a bunch of zone reps 6 plus months ago and there isnt even anyone to appeal the decision to if they decide to fix. Obviously I can walk away but then I am at day 1 and the dealer has no more 2023 allocations. I have to think they will push to fix rather than replace but I cant have a brand new vehicle with $7000 of damage and knowing there is no way the paint is ever going to be as good as the factory,
This really sucks.

UPDATED 3/21/2023 Ford agreed to give my dealer another allocation and build me an identical truck, "Julyish" is the guestimate for delivery as of now. While obviously not the desired original outcome I am grateful Ford stepped up and I will eventually get what I want albeit a protracted timeframe. Thank You Ford and thanks to all of their encouragement and advice!

RollTigers

Reaction score
I’d be sick and I would not accept a damaged vehicle. I’m still waiting for my ‘23 Code Orange 37 Package due by May 15. Geez I’m worried about mine now. I think this reflects the new “norm” since Covid. Service sucks everywhere and it’s sad this once great country is going down the toilet.