Toyo fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I and another raptor owner went to the lincoln national forrest out side carlsbad NM for a new years run. My front and rear tires were appx the same tread depth. We did 150 miles of off road. I took it pretty easy in most places. My toyos (pictures 1 ,2) took on this much wear.

I wasnt a big toyo fan to begin with. Mainly because of the 95 lbs per tire makes for slower acceleration and longer braking.

The other raptor was running stock BFGs. He shreaded one (third picture) and had to change it. By the end of the run his other tire was starting to expose the inner wires...

Summary:
I am a big big toyo fan now!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 65
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 69
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
hackleman

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to get my truck inspected next month. hopefully the inspector doesnt look to hard at my rears. id really like to do TRR14 on these tires before i have to buy 2 more.

not too much fun buying tires when id rather spend the money on some fun stuff

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a Toyo fan, but it would be nice if they were 10 - 15lbs lighter or so.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed if Toyo was a bit lighter they would be a no brainer. I'll probably end up getting them for my next tire regardless though.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a Toyo fan, but it would be nice if they were 10 - 15lbs lighter or so.

Agreed if Toyo was a bit lighter they would be a no brainer. I'll probably end up getting them for my next tire regardless though.

Agreed with all above. They would be my next tire but due to weight I am looking else where

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you dont want the weight of the toyo mt I would recomend the Toyo at II. In 35/12.5/17 they are only 70 lbs and according to bfg thats only 5 lbs over stock tires. Mine have lasted 50k miles and will try to keep them going til closer to Trr then replace some where around 60-70K

edit here are my tires at 50K

DSC03199.jpg

DSC03198.jpg

DSC03200.jpg

Last edited:

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ironsides have you weighed your tires new? The only ones in the at2 ae the extremes and they're significantly heavier than the stockers per the toyo site, I really want them but he weight is pushing me back to bfg. Interested to hear real world opinions. I really wanted them but not if acceleration, fuel and braking are going to be significantly affected..

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a set of the AT II extremes on my truck. I believe the weights were listed at 69 lbs per tire. I love the tires and they are performing well in the winter so far. However, I do feel the trucks get up and go performance is a little slower than before. Not much but noticeable. Just as quiet as the stock BFG's, but way more aggressive looking.
image.jpg