GEN 2 Toyo RT problems on the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The damage to this BFG is run flat damage (run with too law air pressure for too long). You can see the heat ring around the tire, its a sign the tire is basically falling apart because there wasn't enough air in it.

OP's damage is 100% an impact break, not running enough pressure for the tire to handle whatever he hit, you can see the impact on wheel. Sometimes this will happen even running proper pressure if you a hit big enough rock or something hard enough. If you're going to be going faster than 25-30mph (IE not rock crawling) or you're not in the sand dunes, keep tire pressures around 30-35.

Good tip! I'll keep the air pressure in mind next run. Appreciate the input all

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The damage to this BFG is run flat damage (run with too law air pressure for too long). You can see the heat ring around the tire, its a sign the tire is basically falling apart because there wasn't enough air in it.

I know what your talking about and I've seen it happen many times. 45 psi which is kinda low for the weight of the truck but BFG replaced as a mfgr defect. 2 of the 4 tires did it at 45 psi. We used to sell a lot of Nexen tires and you couldn't drive 50 miles without the tire bubbling and they didn't have to hit anything or be ran low lol. Some batches are just bad.