Newish owner Manitoba, Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YFZ43

Reaction score
Hey all. Picked up a 2023 37 package 2 weeks ago. First thing ai did was took a girls road trip to Iowa for a concert. Had tint installed yesterday. Was contemplating holding off for a 24, but the timeframe did not suit, and the twin livewire shocks and headsup display were the only features that intrigued me. Not enough to wait 6-9 months. Just a little over 2k km on it or roughly 1250 miles. I have wanted a raptor since pre-2017 however I just wouldn’t pull the trigger. I’m glad I finally did. I traded in a 2021,GMC 6.2 L AT4 that I had put suspension on, including a levelling kit, full, dual Magnaflow exhaust system, and 33 inch tires on a 17 inch method wheel and some other little goodies that were just creature features like tint and storage solutions. I plan on doing a partial wrap, ceramic coating over PPF and the addition of some lighting. I’ve never been a big fan of KO2’s but winter will tell whether they can stay or go.

I was a little curious what Bela capable meant I’m assuming after looking at it and scratching my head for a few minutes that it means that regular tire shops can break the bead. I need to do a little research to see if there’s any reason why it can’t be switched over to the lock configuration full-time I’m hoping that this forum can help me find out a few tricks and tips to get me pointed in the direction I want to be head…

So far I am loving the truck- the technology…not so much-there is a lot of safety features on this unit that in my opinion or complete Bull kakka. Like the camera system for example. Why does it not stay on when you’re moving slowly especially in the forward position. I’m hoping there’s some kind of update soon, but not holding my breath. We all know that it’s about safety for what I’m not sure because the screen just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

I had programmed my keys to have my preferences, oh oh… had to take it back to the dealer even after resetting my keys back to admin, to look over it to make sure I didn’t need a full reset, why did I need to go in because my volume was limited for no apparent reason even though I had my speed and personal settings, uncontrolled by any limits.

so there’s some grapes but here’s my positive take on it. I race motocross and suspension is key. My body is sore and I like comfortable seats. In Canada we don’t get massaging seats as a factory equipment option a little upset about that but I’m sure it’s wired for it, I typically run my raptor settings and sport for exhaust mode and steering then suspension in off-road mode. The exhaust sound is pretty tinny, but once the tires start chirping in the truck starts barking it doesn’t seem to bother me. I will likely install exhaust in the near future however, just cause I want it to sound better and have a little better throttle response. The fact that I can chirp 37s without playing with any of the traction control features or full retardation of factory settings is pretty impressive, my 6.2 L verse eight had 30 hp less than this truck and my fuel economy is almost twice the amount. I was told the rules in Canada stipulated that I couldn’t buy the raptor r unless I was a previous raptor owner. Apparently a Yamaha from 2001 didn’t count.

I like the option of the auxiliary switches to add on peripherals and do dads as I see fit. I think I’ve spent two hours in the cab, trying to figure out all my buttons I’ve got most of them down. I don’t appreciate the settings and layout tree for configurations as set out by Ford, but working on it.

I am looking forward to running the tires off this thing, and am excited to see what the option off 4x4 roads option in Navigation has to show for my area. My cabin buddies on the trip did not really want to entertain my interest in exploring the options on our road trip. However, we did do a tiny bit of road changes without payment.

Attachments

• IMG_1078.jpeg
    IMG_1078.jpeg
    513.6 KB · Views: 20
  • filtered-60F744EC-D1CC-4A43-94E9-C9D665D88176.mp4
    3.6 MB

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Nice truck is like a Nice A$$. You gonna turn and look every time you see one.
Nice Truck!!!!!

OP
OP
YFZ43

YFZ43

Reaction score
I'm a little curious what Bela capable means LOL -- I'm guessing Beadlock Capable

Welcome non prius owner. Keep us informed as to how you modify your truck
Yes, mind dictation, my fingertips are eaten away from years of mechaneckin . Beadllock beadlock beadlock

morning...........
Good morning, you are bang on with your banner or whatever called at bottom. Tickets suck. I race to the speed limit every damn time and set my cruise according to bubble required to create comfort zone

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What is all these new Canadian FRF aboot, Eh?

#OneLessprius