Top 5 Raptor Performace Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ESRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. Bedliner - before it even leaves the dealer if at all possible
2. Tint - the day you get it home or next day if necessary
3. Bed cover/tonneau - get what suits your needs. I went from a hard top to a folder and love it
4. Intake and exhaust - air in, air out. It is just that simple
5. Tune(s) - take advantage of your #4 mods, get better performance and maybe better MPG's.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea no.. First thing if your going to run around with other FRF'ers on runs, get a radio installed at least VHF but VHF/UHF even better. Second get an extra spare, bed rack, and things to make you ready to go on runs. Lights, if you want to see at night on Runs. Then don't ask others what they want ask others what they have... Your best advice will come from guys with 2010, 2011, 2012 that bought them new since they traditionally have the most experience. (Not all but most)....

Jay.gordon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking to keep it mostly stock but get some benefits from the parts you are going to put on then be it on or off road then:

Exhaust.
tune
higher flow intake mod.

These 3 mods will allow the engine to work better and you might get better MPG but definitely better performance. Any engine needs more air in and faster getting out.

Mid-perch to make truck ride, steer and look better.
bed protection; ie spray on bed liner or insert.

These five are what I consider best bang for your buck if you have to do 5.

Disclaimer: WARNING: when adding modifications to a new Raptor, beware that bank account can be depleted quickly. This can cause irreparable damage to ones body as significant other tries to use debit card at grocery store and it is rejected.

This is the route that I would take if I had it to do all over again. Now that I've done these mods I can take my time with the cosmetics. For example I changed out front and rear lights.