Top 5 Raptor Performace Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bent22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since there doesn't seem to be a Top Mods thread (and my Raptor gets delivered in July so I need some ideas)... I was thinking...

What are your Top 5 must-do performance mods and why?

Pax Regis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mid Perch - biggest bang for your buck. Noticeable ride and stance difference for under $400 usually.

Cold air intake - gives the engine a nice growl and usually under $350 installed.

A tuner and tunes - very noticeable difference in engine response and acceleration. Cost varies depending on the tuner you like.

Bedliner - save that bed. I personally like linex xtra color match but bedrug will do fine.

Tonneau cover - my personal favorite is RollX. But find something you like and go with it. Turn that bed into one big locking trunk when you aren't hauling stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very ambiguous question considering everyone's individual needs.

For me...

-37" Tires
-Glass Fenders
-Bumpers with better approach/depature angles
-3.0 Shocks w/long travel in the rear and a 2.5" bumpkit. Preferably dual sock setup in the front.
-Roll Cage w/harnesses

Call RPG if this fits your mold

OP
OP
Bent22

Bent22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mid Perch - biggest bang for your buck. Noticeable ride and stance difference for under $400 usually.

Cold air intake - gives the engine a nice growl and usually under $350 installed.

A tuner and tunes - very noticeable difference in engine response and acceleration. Cost varies depending on the tuner you like.

Bedliner - save that bed. I personally like linex xtra color match but bedrug will do fine.

Tonneau cover - my personal favorite is RollX. But find something you like and go with it. Turn that bed into one big locking trunk when you aren't hauling stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

What exactly does mid perch do? I see you compress your springs... Does it lower the ride or shift the stance?

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is an easy to do list.

mid perch

cold air intake and tune

new exhaust (I did a corsa cat back then went with headers later)

Window tint

Aftermarket Rims. (Methods very popular here)

Personally those mods should give you a nice perf boost and give your truck a better look without breaking the bank.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Suspension! Upgrade those stock shocks.
2. Linex
3. Lights
4/5. 5 Star tune. Add a CAI while you are at it.

In that order imo.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What exactly does mid perch do? I see you compress your springs... Does it lower the ride or shift the stance?

Mid-perch raises the front end a bit. Most agree it will ride the same or better after. Levels the truck so you are not nose down. Also it is a good idea if you are going off road to Raptor's natural habital.

Mods depend on what you want to do.

Mid-perch
Tune
Off-road lights (not performance but you need them if you want to go off road)
Winch/recovery gear
Exhaust

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2